Suddenly getting loads of Orphaned jobs

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
geddy_gridlock

Suddenly getting loads of Orphaned jobs

Post by geddy_gridlock »

I've run SABnzbd for nearly 3 years, and in that time I think I've had one orphaned job.

About two weeks ago, about half of my jobs started disappearing into the "orphaned" container, and if I repair the queue, or retry the jobs, they just go right back in. The only change I can see is that SAB updated.

I'm running on a dual Xeon server, running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, and the download directories are on SSD, with over 170GB free. I can often reload the exact same job fresh and it will run to completion, but sometimes not (probably 50% of the time, just like any other job.)

Most of the time this happens right as the download completes, and the "incomplete" folder contains the full download that can be manually par2 repaired, extracted, etc, with no errors.

This is driving me nuts, as I'm now having to manually tend to this thing every day. I barely knew the "orphaned jobs" folder existed up until two weeks ago.

Anyone have any help they can offer?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suddenly getting loads of Orphaned jobs

Post by safihre »

Did you update to 2.3.1?
Could you enable Debug logging in the Status window and then after it happens again send me the log at [email protected]?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
geddy_gridlock

Post by geddy_gridlock »

I appear to actually be on 2.3.2RC1.

I'll turn on logging and see what I get.
geddy_gridlock

Post by geddy_gridlock »

I saw on another thread that this was due to the "Download all Par2" flag being on. I'll try turning that off and see if things improve.

I did send a log file, not sure if you got it.
MechaGen

Post by MechaGen »

geddy_gridlock wrote: December 12th, 2017, 4:50 pm I saw on another thread that this was due to the "Download all Par2" flag being on. I'll try turning that off and see if things improve.

I did send a log file, not sure if you got it.
Excellent suggestion! Turning off "Download all Par2" worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion.