Upgrade from 2.3.9 on Debian 10 Buster

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
0x15e

Upgrade from 2.3.9 on Debian 10 Buster

Post by 0x15e »

I'm getting ready to overhaul some things on my media server and SABnzbd will probably be part of that.

First of all, if there are docs for any of my questions, please feel free to link them. I just haven't found answers yet which is why I'm posting here.

How necessary is it to upgrade to 3.0? Are there known security issues in the older versions? If it's just features I may just let it sit but if there are security problems I'll definitely do the upgrade.

Is there anything special I need to do with the old configuration? Or will the new install be able to use the old settings? Are there any special considerations for migrating from 2.3.x to 3.0?

Thanks!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Upgrade from 2.3.9 on Debian 10 Buster

Post by safihre »

Yes, there are security fixes: https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/secu ... =published

No, no need to do anything special, the upgrade of settings will happen automatically.
You can make a backup of your Admin folder, just to be sure in case you want to downgrade.

The update guide for Debian should be here on the forum.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

safihre wrote: May 10th, 2021, 10:48 am The update guide for Debian should be here on the forum.
But please note the sticky viewtopic.php?p=60238#p60238 says
Edit: with version 3.0.0, direct use of the PPA on Debian is no longer an option. If you have such as setup, remove the PPA from your sources.list and ... <snipped>
So OP can follow the advice in that sticky, or run SABnzbd from source on his Debian. As debian people are most often very clever people, that should be doable.
0x15e

Post by 0x15e »

Thanks for the help!

I think I'm running from source already so that shouldn't be an issue. I think I got impatient once waiting for the package to get updated or maybe was troubleshooting something and updated from source so I can probably figure it out OK.