downloads don't start

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: downloads don't start

Post by sander »

Schugar wrote:

Code: Select all

grep host ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | head -1
=> host = localhost
... can you reread my previous post http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php ... 678#p71676
Schugar

Post by Schugar »

that is the result when i type "grep host ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | head -1". i changed sabnzbd-host to 0.0.0.0 in sabnzbd webinterface and restarted sabnzbd. but when i type "grep host ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | head -1" the result is not "0.0.0.0", it's localhost. i don't know why.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

"localhost" and you can still access SAB on the raspi from another computer? That must means SAB is using another sabnzbd.ini or config that the file you checked.

So, last attempt: go to the tab Config. That page shows a line "Config File":
1) what is the filename?
2) what shows the grep for the first host line?
Schugar

Post by Schugar »

now it's becoming interessting.

the config file is "/root/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini", but i though it uses "/home/pi/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini". i made all changes in the second ini.

grep host /root/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | head -1
result: host = 0.0.0.0

probably this was my mistake? in /etc/default/sabnzbdplus i cahnged "USER=" to "USER=root". i have seen this on a page which shows how to install sabnzbd on raspberry pi.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Running SABnzbd as root is 1) not necessary and 2) possibly dangerous
Having more than one sabnzbd.ini can lead to confusion. As you have noticed.

So problems are building up. Therefore, *I* would do this: completely remove sabnzbd (via sudo apt-get remove / purge), remove all sabnzbd.ini's, remvoe files in the hidden directory .sabnzbd in the homes of users that have started sanbzbd(plus), remove the /etc/.../sabnzbd* file(s). After that I would install sabnzbd, start it as a normal user, which should lead to the wizard (if not, you have not removed the sabnzbd.ini and you should go back), fill it out, test a NZB that it downloads. If all that works, fill out the user name in the /etc/.../sabnzbd* file, and start the service. Problems solved.
Schugar

Post by Schugar »

ok, i uninstalled sabnzbdplus, removed all ini and the files in /etc/default. then restart and re-install the program. then i changed "USER=" to "USER=pi" (pi is the normal user on debian for raspberry pi) and restart the computer. i can't connect to the program from pc. at the moment there is not ini in ~/.sabnzbd (also also no ini in /root/.sabnzbd).

is "user=pi" correct?

to auto-start the program i can use this script http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/install-as-a-unix-daemon? here i must replace "sabuser" with "pi" and "hostadress:port" with "0.0.0.0:8080". correct?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

No, you first have to start sabnzbdplus from the command line: As there is no sabnzbd.ini (please check and re-check), it should open the SAB wizard, which you then should fill out. Instruction:

If you are phyiscally logged on to your Raspi (so: using keyboard, screen etc connected to the raspi), *and* you're running X, the wizard will start the webbrowser Midori, which you then can fill out. In the wizard in Step 2, make sure you select " I want SABnzbd to be viewable by any pc on my network."

If you're accessing your Raspi remotely, you should do this:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ rm ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sabnzbdplus --server=0.0.0.0
Then, from another PC, you can access SAB's wizard via http://<ip-addres-of-Raspi>:8080/ . Fill out the wizard, and make sure you select " I want SABnzbd to be viewable by any pc on my network."

After completing the wizard, SAB will restart, and you should be able to access it via http://<ip-addres-of-Raspi>:8080/ . If so, let SAB download a NZB file.

If that all works, stop sabnzbdplus, define the USER=pi in the /etc/... file, and start the service (or reboot the Raspi).
Schugar

Post by Schugar »

i made all like you explained, but it doesn't work.

when i start sabnzbd direct on the raspberry (connected with tightvnc) midori shows an error. a free tcp/ip-port 8080 is needed.

"ps -A" directly after boot shows no sabnzbd. when i type "ps -A" after starting sabnzbd manual i can sabnzbd running. i also can connect from the pc, but downloads don't start. i also have 5 warnings (it seems the same warning like befor).

the ini sabnzbd used is now "home/pi/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini". i made "sabnzbdplus --server=0.0.0.0", as you told me.

edit
i seems sabnzbd starts automaticly after boot - but this takes a while. maybe this is the problem because i can't connect with midori?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Ah. Well. How shall I reply to your post? A few tries:

Formal

SABnzbd will only automatically start when you have filled out a username in /etc/defaul/sabnzbdplus. As that happens on your system, and I wrote:
After completing the wizard, SAB will restart, and you should be able to access it via http://<ip-addres-of-Raspi>:8080/ . If so, let SAB download a NZB file.

If that all works, stop sabnzbdplus, define the USER=pi in the /etc/... file, and start the service (or reboot the Raspi).
... I can only conclude that running from the command line and downloading a NZB worked for you. Correct? If not, why did you fill out a user name in /etc/ ... ? It will make the solving of this problem more difficult.

Screendump

I've asked you a few times to post the exact message / warning you see. A screendump will make clear where you see what. Can you do so?

Overall

I'm getting the feeling I can't get help you any further. We keep looping around. So consider the above my last attempt.
Schugar

Post by Schugar »

ok, maybe i made the second step befor the first. sorry.

i removed sabnzbd and all the ini again. than install again and start from command line. i get a lot of messages which i don't understand. some of them are the same i could see in the warnings, when connected on the webserver. here are the messages: http://pastebin.com/KxK84RXB

thats what i made at the moment. i'll better wait befor i do the next step.

at the moment i don't have warnings, but they should contain in the log files i postet in the first few posts.