can't find /etc/default/sabnzbdplus

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Schugar

can't find /etc/default/sabnzbdplus

Post by Schugar »

hi,

i installed sab v0.6.5 with apt-get install sabnzbdplus on my raspberry pi (raspbian). after that i added ppa to sources.list (http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9844) and upgraded to v0.7.11. after that i had to configure sab again, now i can connect to the webinterface. but when i reboot the system sab don't start automatically. as i remembered i have to configure /etc/default/sabnzbdplus. but this file does not exist.

when i start sab manually with sabnzbdplus --server 0.0.0.0 i can connect to the webinterface, bit not after rebooting the system without manual sabnzbdplus-start.

whats wrong?
schugar

edit
i could create a now file, but the question is what was wrong as i installed the program or upgraded to 0.7
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: can't find /etc/default/sabnzbdplus

Post by jcfp »

Schugar wrote:[...] and upgraded to v0.7.11. after that i had to configure sab again [...]
[...] as i remembered i have to configure /etc/default/sabnzbdplus. but this file does not exist.
Both of these should not happen. Sab's configuration should always survive as these files are user data, meaning even a complete uninstall (purge) of the sabnzbdplus package would not affect an existing config. The init.d and its config file in /etc/default are also not too easy to get rid off, these files survive a regular package removal. The combination of both problems suggests your system suffered some kind of data loss? Power outage, disk problem, something like that.

Anyway, try the following:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge sabnzbdplus*
sudo apt-get install sabnzbdplus*
That should provide all files again, while any user config (sabnzbd.ini etc.) should survive.