Permission issues for Sabnzbd created dir

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Spacedan

Permission issues for Sabnzbd created dir

Post by Spacedan »

I have tried looking around to solve this permission problem but I haven't come across it yet.

When I add a file to sabnzdb in the web interface it doesn't get added to the download queue. Though a directory is created in my incomplete folder for this download. This download folder is on a NAS with full guest read/write access. The permissions that are set for this download by sabnzdbd for this directory is drwx------. I have set /etc/default/sabnzbdplus to run as user xbmc and I can see in top the python script being run as that user.

If I ssh into the box with user xbmc and create a directory in the incomplete directory on my nas it creates it with permissions drwxrwxr-x.

Does anyone have an idea why sabnzbd is creating a directory when downloading with very limited permissions but I can manually create a directory with more read/write permissions using the same user?

Btw I'm running Xbmcbuntu 12.0

Output of mount
//192.168.1.110/movies/Movies on /home/xbmc/Movies type cifs (rw)
//192.168.1.110/movies/TV on /home/xbmc/TV Shows type cifs (rw)
//192.168.1.110/movies/download on /home/xbmc/Downloads type cifs (rw)
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Permission issues for Sabnzbd created dir

Post by jcfp »

Spacedan wrote:I have tried looking around to solve this permission problem but I haven't come across it yet.

When I add a file to sabnzdb in the web interface it doesn't get added to the download queue. Though a directory is created in my incomplete folder for this download. This download folder is on a NAS with full guest read/write access. The permissions that are set for this download by sabnzdbd for this directory is drwx------. I have set /etc/default/sabnzbdplus to run as user xbmc and I can see in top the python script being run as that user.

If I ssh into the box with user xbmc and create a directory in the incomplete directory on my nas it creates it with permissions drwxrwxr-x.

Does anyone have an idea why sabnzbd is creating a directory when downloading with very limited permissions but I can manually create a directory with more read/write permissions using the same user?

Btw I'm running Xbmcbuntu 12.0

Output of mount
//192.168.1.110/movies/Movies on /home/xbmc/Movies type cifs (rw)
//192.168.1.110/movies/TV on /home/xbmc/TV Shows type cifs (rw)
//192.168.1.110/movies/download on /home/xbmc/Downloads type cifs (rw)
"drwx------" is enough to give sab full control. Restricting access to the incomplete dir as much as possible makes sense, no other program or user has any business there during downloading. Permissions of the completed files are configurable in sab. As for jobs not getting added to the queue, please provide a (sanitized) debug log for that event.
Spacedan

Post by Spacedan »

This is the output of the log:

2013-04-19 19:32:35,420::INFO::[__init__:613] Adding American Dad S08E06 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION.nzb
2013-04-19 19:32:35,423::INFO::[misc:786] Creating directories: /home/xbmc/Downloads/dst/American Dad S08E06 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION

Downloads is the mount point for my NAS shown in my previous message.

I had it set for +Debug in Sabnzbd

If I change the incomplete dir to the media box running ubuntu (on an ssd), I get:

2013-04-19 19:35:06,677::INFO::[__init__:613] Adding American Dad S08E06 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION.nzb
2013-04-19 19:35:06,679::INFO::[misc:786] Creating directories: /home/xbmc/incomplete/American Dad S08E06 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION
2013-04-19 19:35:06,693::DEBUG::[__init__:829] Saving data for SABnzbd_nzf_1fhBU5 in /home/xbmc/incomplete/American Dad S08E06 720p HDTV X264 DIMENSION/__ADMIN__
2013-04-19 19:35:06,694::INFO::[nzbstuff:443] File [118821]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ American.Dad.S08E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[01/21] - "american.dad.806.720p-dimension.sample-sample.par2" yEnc (1/1) added to queue
lilmick89

Post by lilmick89 »

Did anyone get anywhere with this? I need to delete quite a few of the incomplete downloads and I usually do it manually from the folder its self, having sab running on a Mybooklive, it is a lot faster doing it this way, but because of the way sab is now doing its file permissions, it is making it a bit difficult
lilmick89

Post by lilmick89 »

never mind, I can bypass all that, logged in with WinSCP via ssh as root and got it all done that way.
homerjsimpso

Post by homerjsimpso »

Hi All,

Running in to the same issue here. When SABnzbd creates a folder, it creates it with drwxr-xr-x permissions. Then Sick Beard can't write to that folder due to error 13 - permission denied. in SABnzbd settings, permissions for completed downloads is 777, but where can I adjust the permissions for new folders created?

Sorry if this isn't clear...still trying to wrap my head around things. If I can explain anything better, just ask.

Thanks
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

On UNIX and OS X, SABnzbd can set permissions.
See Config->Folders
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

He did that already ;)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

New folders use the same permission settings as files.
So unless the operating prevents access rights from being set, it should work.
SABnzbd won't show warnings when the OS prevents changing of permissions,
otherwise you could be drowning in warning messages.