anouther permissions problem... [Unraid, Samba, NFS]

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mathomas3

anouther permissions problem... [Unraid, Samba, NFS]

Post by mathomas3 »

Hello...

Spent the past few days trying to work this issue as i know your time is priceless...

any who... I have a Unraid box sharing a folder via Samba and also as NFS... I have the folder automatically mount on boot using fstab... of which i am unable to create a file and also sab is reporting errors...

I have done a chown but that doesnt seemed to have made a differance...

the share is mounted with permissions of 0777

Thanks for the help
mat
mathomas3

Re: anouther permissions problem...

Post by mathomas3 »

ok... well after poking around a little bit I thought that maybe is was an option in my fstab file... after playing with that a bit more i wasnt able to make a difference... but was I was able to get done was that Sab is now downloading files... but still reporting that it cant change a file's permissions...

suggestions?
squareatom

Re: anouther permissions problem...

Post by squareatom »

mathomas3 wrote:ok... well after poking around a little bit I thought that maybe is was an option in my fstab file... after playing with that a bit more i wasnt able to make a difference... but was I was able to get done was that Sab is now downloading files... but still reporting that it cant change a file's permissions...

suggestions?
Whats the fstab line for you mount? I'm also running unraid but using autofs to mount. Sab also runs as the same user specified by "uid". My line is as follows:

Code: Select all

/mnt/Downloads	-fstype=cifs,guest,uid=someguy,gid=users,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0666	://nas/Downloads