download just stops

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jwhitt12

download just stops

Post by jwhitt12 »

I am running with ubuntu 14.04.4 and sabnzb 1.1.0beta 1 (ubuntu just updated this)

I have noticed that downloading, sometimes, just stops. This morning its pretty consistent. There are no error message in the log. the only problem was the connection in public ipv4 addres under dashboard:
Dashboard
Local IPv4 address 10.121.1.6
Public IPv4 address Connection failed!
IPv6 address None
Nameserver / DNS Lookup OK
System performance (Pystone) 50913
CPU Model AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Temporary Download Folder /home/greg/video/incomplete
Writing speed 86.5 MB/s
Completed Download Folder /home/greg/video/complete
Writing speed 108.5 MB/s

Thank you .........
jwhitt12

Re: download just stops

Post by jwhitt12 »

I have also tried re-starting the program, pausing and restarting, etc. The download is currently running but will probably stop yet again. I had stuff to download last night and it stopped for most of the night.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

The ppa packages are patched the same way as the official debian packages for some potential privacy breaches, which makes the public ipv4 discovery test only run when debug logging is enabled. In 1.0.x I made it print a friendly reminder to that effect in the dashboard; due to code changes in 1.1.0beta and lack of time, that nicety isn't (yet) present in the beta. Long story short: don't focus too much on that message.

Look at the usual suspects, such as using too many connections, router trouble, etc.
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

I have checked the connections and the router. I have run speed tests on the connection, just to make sure. Everything looks dandy. I should also mention that even though the machine is not downloading via sabnzbd everything else is working fine and the machine itself is not frozen (that happens, sometimes, but cures itself pretty quickly), I have also tried downloading something, just using download without sabnzbd, and that works just fine. All in all I continue to think that sabnzbd has a problem but I will continue to look around in case I see something. I will also enable debug - just in case.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I would start by setting SAB's log to +Debug, so that
- the public IPv4 is found and shown (proving SABn can reach Internet)
- sabnzbd.log show what it is doing, like setting up NNTP connections.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

When does it stop? In the middle, the end?
Do all downloads stop, or when you add another it will continue downloading that one?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

when it stops it just stops and anything that sabnzbd is supposed to be downloading stops. There is no message and no error and nothing I can do will start it up again. Downloading, as far as I can tell, is the only thing that stops and everything else seems to work just fine. I am going to set debug to true and see what I get.
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

my log file can be seen at http://pastebin.com/Tqdtm8gB

got this warning yesterday:
2016-06-22 14:48:44,424 ERROR: Too many connections to server news.usenetserver.com

The above is interesting. my maximum number of connections is set at 19 and usenetserver says it hs 20

My download had stopped when I took a look about 10 minutes ago. I checked my connection and its just fine. I just uploaded my logfile to pastebin with no problem.

when it stops all sabnzbd downloading stops. When I finished my upload to pastbin sabnzb finished the job it had been holding over last night.

I just checked my download errors. There were two yesterday and both could not be completed. I have no idea what else you need to know.

Thank you .............
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

My machine stopped downloading several hours ago. I took a look at the logfile and the latest file (whilst stopped) had this to say (this is a sample and its the whole log):
2016-07-15 13:53:06,125::INFO::[happyeyeballs:111] Quickest IP address for news.usenetserver.com (port 563, ssl True, preferipv6 True) is None
2016-07-15 13:53:06,170::DEBUG::[happyeyeballs:113] Happy Eyeballs lookup and port connect took 14 ms
2016-07-15 13:53:06,171::DEBUG::[downloader:126] For server news.usenetserver.com, no successful IP connection possible
2016-07-15 13:53:06,172::INFO::[downloader:446] [email protected]: Initiating connection
2016-07-15 13:53:06,319::INFO::[newswrapper:265] Failed to connect: (110, '[Errno -2] Name or service not known') [email protected]:563
2016-07-15 13:53:06,608::INFO::[happyeyeballs:111] Quickest IP address for news.usenetserver.com (port 563, ssl True, preferipv6 True) is None
2016-07-15 13:53:06,609::DEBUG::[happyeyeballs:113] Happy Eyeballs lookup and port connect took 9 ms
2016-07-15 13:53:06,609::DEBUG::[downloader:126] For server news.usenetserver.com, no successful IP connection possible
2016-07-15 13:53:06,610::INFO::[downloader:446] [email protected]: Initiating connection
2016-07-15 13:53:06,756::INFO::[newswrapper:265] Failed to connect: (110, '[Errno -2] Name or service not known')

I then went to config and told it to test the server and it did and it was successful. After the test it started downloading again! <G> I wonder if it has something to do with the [email protected] (where x is one or more numerals) I also notice that whilst each set of failures kinda look the same they are not (they seem to change their format each set).

I put the logfile in question up on pastbin:http://pastebin.com/UtxEGLM7

Thank you .............

Interesting times.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Maybe you should disable IPv6 by setting Config->Special->ipv6_servers to 0.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Usenetserver.com has been mentioned before with regards to IPv6 and DNS problems. Usually using one of their other servers (is it something like eu.news.usenetserver.com?) or the direct IP solves it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

On reflection it dawns on me that these problems began with version 1.1.0.beta1 I also note that I am not the only one with this problem. I have also sent all my information to usenetserver to see what their thoughts are.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

We think we found the issue.
RC2 should work better.
In the mean time, disable "prospective downloading of par2" in Config->Special.
jwhitt12

Post by jwhitt12 »

Thanks for the help.

I just found out something else. I have been using PIA, for my vpn, my net server is usenetserver. I was using PIA before I started using usenetserver and was too lazy to change. Then I removed PIA and installed the vpn from usenetserver and, suddenly, everything started working. I have absolutely no idea if this has anything to do with anything but, now, I am up and running and I have been down since yesterday. I will, however, look forward to getting the newer version (latest and greatest is not, however, always helpful <G>) I will also take care of the config->special thing.

I only have "prospective_par_download in my /config/special folder. Should I disable that one?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Currently there's an issue with "Prospective", which you may or may not encounter.