Can't test server connections

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
zherrin85

Can't test server connections

Post by zherrin85 »

I have something going on that I can't seem to figure out, when I add a new server or even want to change or update an existing and try to test the connection I get an error that says 'Server requires username and password.' When there is a username and password in the form fields and they actually connect and download properly. Here is my setup...

Sabnzbdplus version 1.1.0RC4 (I believe it also happened prior to update)
Repository: Sabnzbd PPA repo
Skin: Plush
Firewall: ufw
IP6: no
Reproducible?: yes

Portion of my log: http://pastebin.com/t5t5vZK4 (let me know if you need to see more of it)

Its not a huge issue as I can connect and do everything I need to do but its more of something I would like to resolve as I am updating some of my hosts and testing to make sure it works is a little more work. I did notice that this all started to happen when I started to run sabnzbd.ini config from a different user home folder (ie. instead of /home/current-user/.sabnzbd/ its located at /home/different-user/.sabnzbd/). Everything loads fine and no errors in the logs that I can tell. All aspects work perfect except updating the config through the webui...It seems like it updates the config but when I save it I will get a 'Fail' or when testing server logins it will say 'Server requires username and password.' It looks like its using the config in the current user home instead of the user sabnzbd is running under. Sorry if this is confusing or I am explaining it wrong, only been using ubuntu for 5 or 6 months. Thanks.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't test server connections

Post by safihre »

This is a bug in sabnzbd 1.1.0 RC4, it is fixed in the Final which was released today.
Within a few days or so the package should be updated and you can update again :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
zherrin85

Re: Can't test server connections

Post by zherrin85 »

Great, thanks!