Port automatically switching on boot

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mattv111

Port automatically switching on boot

Post by mattv111 »

Hi all! I recently switched my computer over to Ubuntu 16.04 from Windows 10 (I usually use Ubuntu, but had been on Windows for gaming purposes). I had Sabnzbd and Sonarr working great on Windows, and for the most part everything is working on Ubuntu. However every time I start up sabnzbd it is changing the port automatically, so I then have to go into Sonarr settings and manually change the port in Sonarr so it can talk to Sab. I've search, I've looked through settings, and I've looked through config files. I can't seem to find a way to remedy this. Can anyone help me?

It appears the port is going up by 5 everytime, so if it was on 9210, last run, it'll be on 9215 next boot.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Port automatically switching on boot

Post by sander »

This happens when SABnzbd wants to bind to a port, but that port is already in use. And it could be in use by ... SABnzbd itself.
Or if the port is un-bind-able, possibly due to a firewall or insufficient rights.

So: before starting SABnzbd (how do you do that?), check with

Code: Select all

sudo netstat -apon | grep LISTEN | grep -v LISTENING
if the wanted port is in use. If so ... by whom.
mattv111

Post by mattv111 »

Here's my output. Sabnzbd still switched ports on boot. The ports I'm trying to use are open. As soon as I switch it in Sonarr everything works until I close Sabnzbd and then boot it again.

Code: Select all

tcp        0      0 127.0.1.1:53            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3086/dnsmasq     off (0.00/0/0)
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:631           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      2687/cupsd       off (0.00/0/0)
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:31742         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3842/ruby        off (0.00/0/0)
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:31743         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3842/ruby        off (0.00/0/0)
tcp6       0      0 ::1:631                 :::*                    LISTEN      2687/cupsd       off (0.00/0/0)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Strange.

Question, to be 100% sure: you reboot your Ubuntu, right? Not just restart SABnzbd?
mattv111

Post by mattv111 »

sander wrote:Strange.

Question, to be 100% sure: you reboot your Ubuntu, right? Not just restart SABnzbd?
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I think I figured it about. I was going back into Sab from the unity launcher. (I don't leave sab and sonarr running because I don't always want my VPN on, and I use this computer for other things). Sab isn't actually shutting down though, so you were right it is trying to use the port that is already in use by Sab. So to just get back in the web interface I just open my browser and go to 'https://localhost:9250/sabnzbd/' and that is not switching the port. So my question now is how to I fully shutdown Sab when I done with it? In Windows Sab had an icon in the system tray that I could right-click and exit.

Edit: I found shutdown under options