New Ubuntu 16.04 install - can't get webpage

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Lerxst151

New Ubuntu 16.04 install - can't get webpage

Post by Lerxst151 »

I have a brand new Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server install. I have done the update and upgrade for the server and then installed sabnzbdplus package. Everything looks like it installs correctly and I can start sabnzbdplus. Since this is a headless server so there is no browser on it locally. I can ssh to the server from another PC so I know the connectivity is there but when I try http://ServerIP:8080/sabnzbd I don't get anything. I see a tomcat process so I'm assuming it was installed with sabnzbdplus. I tried this on a clean 14.04 LTS server and had the same results.

Is there some other step that needs to be done to get the web page going?
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: New Ubuntu 16.04 install - can't get webpage

Post by jcfp »

By default, sab can only be reached from localhost on port 8080. To override you can set the listening host (and port if need be) via command line parameters, see wiki. If you use the init.d script to run sab as a system service, the host and port settings in the service configuration (/etc/default/sabnzbdplus) have the same effect.

Any "tomcat" process is unrelated to sab.