Post Processing From Radarr --> "cannot create final folder"

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
LollyGagger

Post Processing From Radarr --> "cannot create final folder"

Post by LollyGagger »

Version: 2.1.0 [443efb5]
OS: Container on Proxmox VE w/ Ubuntu v16.04 LTS template
Install-type: Linux repository
Firewall Software: Tomato Router Firmware (no firewall on the Proxmox Node)
Are you using IPV6? no, IPv4 only
Is the issue reproducible? yes

I already searched the forums and found similar issues, which turned out to be a permissions/OS issue in their case, but I'm not seeing how that could be the case here.

I have a FreeNAS rig with all my media. Everything else on my LAN connects to that via an SMB share. It is a simple taxonomy share:

/media
  • /TV Shows
    /Music
    /Movies
Permissions for the smb mount are managed through a simple user/password .credentials file that fstab references. I copied/pasted both the fstab file and the .credentials file into each Proxmox container and tested all the mounts. All the permissions are identical.

I have all my usenet apps on a separate rig, setup in Proxmox containers using an ubuntu 16.04 container. Radarr (movie searching app) and sabnzbd each have their own container, and each are running as root. My /media share is mounted with cifs-util in each container. Neither container has a firewall enabled.

When Sonarr (a separate container also) runs, it finds shows, sends them to sabnzbd, they are downloaded, processed, placed into /media/TV Shows/, and everything is fine.

When Radarr runs, it finds movies, sends them to sabnzbd, they are downloaded, processed, and then fails with the error:

Code: Select all

Post Processing Failed for movie.title.name.remux (Cannot create final folder /media/movies/movie.title.name.remux)
So how could a permissions issue between sabnzbd and a FreeNAS smb share possibly exist if sabnzbd writes to /media/TV Shows just fine with Sonarr requests? Furthermore, how could anything be different for writing to /media/Movies with Radarr requests.
Last edited by LollyGagger on June 24th, 2017, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post Processing From Radarr --> "cannot create final fol

Post by safihre »

What are your category settings?
Maybe you can take a screenshot? (if forum says you can't post links, just remove the http part)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

And have you enabled some form of Sorting in sabnzbd?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
LollyGagger

Post by LollyGagger »

No sorting enabled, but I figured it out thanks to you drawing my attention to categories.

I knew that I had "movies" as a category in sabnzbd and in Radarr, but I didn't realize filepaths are case sensitive in Linux. In sabnzbd, I had the "movie" category mapped to /media/movies. Once I changed it to /media/Movies (to match what I documented in my original post about my FreeNAS taxonomy), it worked without error.

Thanks for assist--I wouldn't have thought to revisit categories.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Nice! I see it now in your original post, I also forgot about case sensitivity.