cannot create directories

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
krum

cannot create directories

Post by krum »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Ubuntu (version 16.04), and I cannot get sabnzb to create directories. As far as I can tell, I should have the permissions to do so. I'm logged in as 'david':

Any ideas?
krum

Re: cannot create directories

Post by krum »

Just an FYI, those other directories in Complete were not created by sabnzbd - I copied those in there from a USB stick. This is a fresh install of the app.
OneCD

Post by OneCD »

It looks like you've specified an absolute path for the TV category, which means SAB is trying to create a 'tv' directory off the root. Can you confirm this? Check the Categories page.

If you want your finished downloads to go to the 'complete' directory, ensure your TV category path is relative (does not start with a forward slash '/').
Stuff I like: Apache bash cron DD-WRT Debian DNSMasq Entware FireFox GitHub ImageMagick Kate KDE LibreELEC Netrunner NFS NVIDIA OpenVPN Orvibo-S20 pfSense Python Raspberry-Pi RAID SABnzbd Transmission Usenet VirtualBox Watcher3 XFCE
krum

Post by krum »

OneCD - That was it! I had /'s infront of the directory in Categories. I removed them and it's working now.

Thanks!