several failed downloads

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
simontep

several failed downloads

Post by simontep »

Hi, new user, found some similar posts, but not same.

Does this sound like a known issue I can fix? Thanks :)

SABnzbd version: 2.3.2 on some debian server box.

was working several days, 40+ successful downloads, many requiring pars repairs.

last two attempts failing.

1st was bad rar file error, but I download to my local machine using newsleecher and archive manager and everything fine, no repair needed and not bad rar.

2nd was download large 8gig 85 rar files to server and error not enough repair parts in par(edit: needs 240+ more to repair). I download locally and able to repair rars with 24 par blocks. Through math I determined that 24 blocks pars of 160 blocks available was locally repairing 11 files, BUT on server the 160 blocks of pars were REPLACING 4 rars instead of repairing 11, leaving 240+ blocks needful, meaning 7 more files. 7+4=11.

Another odd occurrence (I thought, but might be newsleech standard) was the local rars that needed repair were named in caps(PARTxx.RAR) and par2 cli did not recognize them at all until renamed to lower case(partxx.rar) .

setup on a remote server
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: several failed downloads

Post by jcfp »

Can't really tell based on this. What debian, par2 and rar versions? Have a debug log for a failed job?

And sometimes it's just uploaders screwing up, your caps issue might have been an example of that.