Sabnzbd Freezes on Repair: Quick Checking

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
geenski

Sabnzbd Freezes on Repair: Quick Checking

Post by geenski »

Most of the time, downloads are no problem but every 10th or so gets stuck on some part of the repair process. Once it does, there's nothing I can do to stop it. Using sabnzbd GUI to try to restart or repair queue doesnt do anything. If I try to shut down the HTPC thats running it, it gets stuck shutting down and doesnt end up shutting down unless I do a hard reset. Once I do that, the system has no problem re-downloading and repairing the exact same download that was giving it an issue before. Any suggestions? Also, I dont know how to kill just the par2 process in linux b/c I guess that could be a fix in windows/osx. I'm sorry, I also dont know what the relevant parts of the log are since I dont see it showing any issues.

Thanks!

Version: 2.3.3RC1 [d84f31c]
Python Version: 2.7.12 (default, Dec 4 2017, 14:50:18) [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] [UTF-8]
OpenSSL: OpenSSL 1.0.2g 1 Mar 2016
Multicore Par2
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sabnzbd Freezes on Repair: Quick Checking

Post by safihre »

When it is stuck, can you see if it is using a lot of CPU? And whihc process is it?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
geenski

Post by geenski »

It does not appear to be using any CPU on the HTPC itself (which is what sabnzbd run on) as best as I can tell . However, I havent checked if the QNAP (destination for downloads ) is using a lot or not).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

What if the Complete folder is set to a folder on the HTPC? Does that influence the results?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
geenski

Post by geenski »

I had tried that and I was having the same issue regardless of where the folders were. The biggest issue was after it went into the freeze, it wouldnt complete other downloads and I couldnt find a way to kill the process in linux either. Since this post, I've unchecked "Direct Unpack" I've had no issues whatsoever. So not sure if that was the fix but it seems to longer hang on repairs. Hopefully trying that helps others.

Thanks for the help!