issue with constant bad downloads/incompletes

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ws6

issue with constant bad downloads/incompletes

Post by ws6 »

Hi, i am having an constant issue with getting files downloaded.

I am running ubuntu 20.04 with SABnzbd 3.2.0Beta2 as a vm. the vm runs only sabnzbd and plex (6 cores, 6 gb ram, 4TB storage). all storage is local to vm host. the host does run other VM's but total cpu, ram, and disk IO are never over 50%.

before i used sabnzbd, i was using a windows based program called newbin pro. i never had this much of a problem with that program but i have with sabnzbd since day 1 when i started to use it.

for a news server i am using usenetserver(dot)com (have been using them for over 10 yrs). I have the download option set to +repair and propagation delay is set to 130 min. i am using rss feeds from nzbindex(dot)nl to feed sabnzbd. rss check interval is set to 30 min. failed files are usually shown as complete in the status window but if i check them using the par files (that it already downloaded and sitting in the download folder), the par check fails. about 1/2 the time the pars will fix it but the other half i have to download a new nzb file from nzbindex and then it will download it complete without issue. not sure if it matters, but the VM does have 2 volumes. the boot volume and root are on an ssd, while all the video storage is on a sata raid volume.

any clue on what to check or look at?

eta, sorry about the (dot) stuff, when i tried to post this the forum gave me errors about new users not posting links
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: issue with constant bad downloads/incompletes

Post by sander »

I have the download option set to +repair
Just leave it to default +Delete
failed files are usually shown as complete in the status window
Really? Did you change any other setting than you described?

In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 1GB ... what is the result?
ws6

Post by ws6 »

sander wrote: February 5th, 2021, 1:19 am
I have the download option set to +repair
Just leave it to default +Delete
failed files are usually shown as complete in the status window
done
Really? Did you change any other setting than you described?
i did install the par 64 bit per an article i found but i had the issues before doing that. i don't remember changing anything else.
In SABnzbd's upper right corner, click on the wrench symbol ("Status and interface options"), then click on first tab Status, and there click on "Test download" 1GB ... what is the result?
the test 1g download showed complete but in SABnzbd it says the size was 1021.4. file in download dir is .97

Name
test_download_1000MB
Completed
2 minutes ago
Status
Completed
Size
1021.4 MB
Category
Path
/mnt/storage/Incoming/abma
Source
https://sabnzbd[dot]org/tests/test_download_1000MB.nzb
Download
Downloaded in 3 mins 24 seconds at an average of 5.0 MB/s
Servers
news.usenetserver[dot]com=1021.4 MB
Repair
[sometestfile-1000MB] Quick Check OK
Unpack
[sometestfile-1000MB] Direct Unpack - Unpacked 1 files/folders in 6 seconds
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Code: Select all

the test 1g download showed complete but in SABnzbd it says the size was 1021.4. file in download dir is .97
0.97 what?

that 1GB file is 1048576000 bytes on disk.

0.97 gibibytes = 1.04152957 × 109 bytes
0.97 gigabytes = 970 000 000 bytes

So ... I'm assuming your "0.97" is Gigibytes. If so, that the amount is correct. And thus that reference download went OK.

Then back to your problem:
I assume it's just DMCA-ed post. With only one newsserver, that is a problem. I would advice another service (block account?) on another backbone.
BUT if, like you say, another download program with the same one newsserver can download the same post without problems, I have no explanation, and I would advice you to stay on that other download program