Post Processing was aborted - Cannot create final folder

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
timpj5

Post Processing was aborted - Cannot create final folder

Post by timpj5 »

Hey guys,

Version: 0.6.9
Install-type: linux repository
Skin: Plush
Firewall Software: None
Are you using IPV6? No
Is the issue reproducible? yes

New sabnzbd+ user... installed on Ubuntu 11.04. I've got sickbeard and couchpotato properly searching and sending nzbs to sabnzbd, sabnzbd is downloading and verifying, but failing on post processing with the following error:

PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder /mnt/fileshare1/Oh Nooos/I did not Read/the Forum Rules

I have a CIFS share \\freenas\fileshare1 on FreeNAS mounted to /mnt/fileshare1. Permissions seem to be fine as it creates the initial folder "V for Vendetta (2005)" but can't seem to create the final folder inside that... plus, I can browse to that location on the CIFS share and create a folder without a problem. This happens for every download...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
rightbackin

Re: Post Processing was aborted - Cannot create final folder

Post by rightbackin »

I have the exact same issue. CIFS share and post processing problems. I tried to add uid and gid parameters to the mount but it didn't help.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Are you able to create files manually on the CIFS share?
If not, then it's not a SABnzbd problem.
rightbackin

Post by rightbackin »

Thanks for the quick reply! Fortunately I think I was able to fix it.

In the "Categories" tab I had setup a tag for movies which had a relative folder path to my "completed folder" which is a CIFS share. When I tried to rewrite the relative path to the separate "movies" folder, it gave me an error stating that it could not create that folder (which already existed). By putting the full path I did not experience any post processing errors.

By the way, I was able to manually create files/folders on the CIFS share.
Last edited by rightbackin on October 14th, 2011, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

That's definitely odd.
What was your "complete" path and the relative path?

BTW: congratulations on getting CIFS to work from a Linux system.
I tried hard, but never got it working :(
rightbackin

Post by rightbackin »

The path was the one assigned to "completed downloads folder" in the Folders tab. In my case it was "/media/teeveau." I named my movies folder within that "Meauvees" so the complete path would be "/media/teeveau/Meauvees." Previously it was setup relative to the completed downloads and was "/Meauvees."

For my CIFS share (in Ubuntu 11.04), I mostly used this guide
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=288534

For the commands. I was recommended by a *nix server admin at my work to not play with the fstab as it could really mess things up if there was any typos. So instead I have a startup script to create a the CIFS mount that is generally

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs //netbiosname/sharename /media/sharename -o credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,gid=1001,uid=1001,nounix,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
where the smbcredentials is a file hiding my username and password (also explained in the link). Also, uid and gid are set for the user I want ownership assigned for the share.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

rightbackin wrote:Previously it was setup relative to the completed downloads and was "/Meauvees."
If the path starts with a "/" the program interpretes it as absolute, so this exact setting would have resulted in an attempt to create a directory in a location that isn't writable for normal users.
rightbackin

Post by rightbackin »

Oops that's right, good catch. It felt a little odd but I thought it worked before. I must have changed it by accident.
kuja

Post by kuja »

Is anyone still having this problem? seems like everyone fixed it but I am still having issues.. good news its likely user error any help guidelines/etc would be greatly appreciated ... running SABnzbd on Synology ...
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

My SAB just started doing it last night. I haven't changed any configs and I can access the drive it's trying to write to. Very odd!
avooda

Post by avooda »

I've got a similar issue with xbmx eden 11, i've had sab working for the last two week or so, with very little problems,
over the past few days Ive had an issue where the download dir I use for sab will randomly change ownership to root.., which in turn seemed to hide the files within the folder.
the first couple of time i switched the ownership back to the same user sabnzb runs off and this sorted the issue, but now the files are still not listed, xbmc can still play the files, but browsing to them via CL shows no results, not even hidden results.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

avooda wrote:IIve had an issue where the download dir I use for sab will randomly change ownership to root.
If SABnzbd isn't running as root, there's no way it can change ownership of anything.
Besides, it never attempts to change ownership.
Sounds more like a problem of the OS itself.
rallysquirrel

Post by rallysquirrel »

I'm running the latest 0.7.6Beta1 on a newly installed ubuntu server 12.04 LTS. Just upgraded SAB from 0.7.5 since that wasn't working for me, but issue with Temporary Download Folder still remains. It's currently set to /media/NAS/temp (but that's the drive where i store my files and I don't want that drive to be contstantly writen to so).
I'd like to use a spare 80GB drive that's mounted to /media/down/. Samba share is /media/down/Downloads.

For some reason if I change my Temporary Download Folder to /media/down/Downloads/temp after saving and rebooting SAB, this field will revert back to /meida/NAS/temp. I can change the folder to /home/username/Download but i don't want that.

Here's the permissions on the media/down/Downloads
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 4096 Nov 11 21:08 complete
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup 4096 Nov 11 23:14 temp
root@NAS:/media/down/Downloads#

Completed Download Folder on /media/down/Downloads/complete takes. What gives?
I've tried changing Temp Folder to /media/down/Downloads/complete, but that changes the path to /media/NAS/Downloads/complete after save.
I'm hoping this is the right clue to what's happening.
I've edited the .ini in the /home/username/ after stopping SAB service, but it keep reverting back no matter what.

I'm a newb at Linux but I'm learning. I came from Freenas with GUI.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

A volume that holds the "temporary download folder" must be mounted before SABnzbd starts.

Access rights of a Samba drive mounted on a Linux are a nightmare, very hard to get right.
Personally, I had to undo an upgrade to my NetGear NAS to be able to be able to mount shares at all on my Ubuntu server.
You'd better ask the access question again in our Ubuntu section.
eelnice

Post by eelnice »

run this command fixed my issue... sudo chown $USERNAME:$USERNAME /fileLocation