"Invalid par2 file, cannot verify or repair" on good files

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
landski

"Invalid par2 file, cannot verify or repair" on good files

Post by landski »

I´ve been running sab for years, but the last 6 weeks or so 80% of my downloads end up with "Invalid par2 file, cannot verify or repair".

I pasted the log from the latest file this happened to in hastebin.

http://hastebin.com/fagitekavu.tex

My issue is that on almost all of these failed downloads, they will repair once I manually execute the par2 file. This is the case with the example from the log, it repaired just fine. So if I am able to repair the downloaded file with quickpar and no other added action, why is sab failing?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: "Invalid par2 file, cannot verify or repair" on good fil

Post by sander »

Can you give (a pointer to) the NZB so that others (like me) can download that NZB to see what happens?
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:Can you give (a pointer to) the NZB so that others (like me) can download that NZB to see what happens?
Ok, Im not sure how to do that without giving a link to the NZB on the indexing site. (Is that allowed here?) Also I'm not sure what indexing site Sonarr grabbed this NZB from, as I have multiple.

Or do you want me to email the NZB to [email protected]?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

You can open the NZB and paste it into http://hastebin.com/, and then post the URL here.
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:You can open the NZB and paste it into http://hastebin.com/, and then post the URL here.
http://hastebin.com/sinowodomi.xml
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:Can you give (a pointer to) the NZB so that others (like me) can download that NZB to see what happens?
I presume It will work just fine for others. But on almost all of my downloads my sab fail to extract and/or repair. And like I said, when I manually trigger quickpar the file repairs just fine.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

That NZB works for me on on both Linux and Windows. And even to a windows-share-drive on my Synology (as a Z:-drive)

" but the last 6 weeks or so 80%" ... On march 16 SABnzbd 1.0.0 was introduced ... that's about 6 weeks ago...

You save to S: ... what kind of drive is that? A NAS? Can you set all folders to C: and redownload that NZB, to rule that possible cause out?
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:You save to S: ... what kind of drive is that? A NAS?
Yes, it´s a NAS.
sander wrote:Can you set all folders to C: and redownload that NZB, to rule that possible cause out?
I set the Temporary and Completed Download Folders to C: and it worked just fine. I set them back to S: and it failed again, manual repair works fine.

This is bizarre, I´ve used my config for years. On a positive note the workaround is easy to do, I just have to adapt my workflow a little.

Any idea why it fails while using a NAS drive?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

This is bizarre, I´ve used my config for years. On a positive note the workaround is easy to do, I just have to adapt my workflow a little.

Any idea why it fails while using a NAS drive?
Well, I think it could be a problem between SAB 1.0.0 (using Unicode and other new stuff) and your NAS.

That should not happen and you should not be forced to use the workaround. But the problem is finding out what is going on.

Let's further pinpoint: can you keep your SAB's Temporary Download Folder to C:, but set SAB's Completed Download Folder back to your NAS S:, and re-download the NZB?

What kind of NAS do you use: brand & type?
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:Let's further pinpoint: can you keep your SAB's Temporary Download Folder to C:, but set SAB's Completed Download Folder back to your NAS S:, and re-download the NZB?
Yes, this works fine.
sander wrote:What kind of NAS do you use: brand & type?
It´s a QNAP TS-509

Sab is hosted on an Intel NUC running ESXi with the VMs in datastores in the QNAP.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

It is always a good idea to keep your SAB temp folder on a local driver: it's better for the speed.

So ... is this solution acceptable for you?
landski

Post by landski »

sander wrote:It is always a good idea to keep your SAB temp folder on a local driver: it's better for the speed.
Yes I know, but it was not really that limiting in this automated setup. The advantage was that without using Remote Desktop, I could monitor all folders used by sab from any PC and delete any stray files/folders.
sander wrote:So ... is this solution acceptable for you?
Well, I don't have much choice, do I? ;D LOL. I am glad that it seems to be an easy workaround. Personally I just have to adapt the size of the datastore as I was stingy allocating space for this VM, and now I have to take into account a much bigger temp folder. The OCD part of me still thinks it should work regardless of folder placement, so I hope it gets ironed out before others experience any issues.

Thanks for your help.