pre-check script?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
garyleecn

pre-check script?

Post by garyleecn »

I know NZBGet has scripts that checks the task before actually downloading it, and if more than X% of the file is NOT on main servers, then fail the task immediately.
just wondering does SAB has similar scripts?

many thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: pre-check script?

Post by safihre »

No need for a script, sabnzbd has this built-in!
In Config Switches there is the option Check before download.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
garyleecn

Post by garyleecn »

safihre wrote: July 23rd, 2017, 12:45 am No need for a script, sabnzbd has this built-in!
In Config Switches there is the option Check before download.
That I'm aware of, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
The deal breaker is, it checks across ALL servers. My problem is my backup server is quite slow, so if say more than 50% is coming from the backup server, I'd rather ditch the task for speed. But it doesn't do it.

another problem I found, beside the checking is quite slow, is that it always stuck at 99% or 100% for a while... it won't immediately start the task...
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The 99% stuck problem will be fixed in 2.2.0.
Indeed there is no way to cancel it or make it ignore a server, that would kind of remove the whole point of the check I think..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
garyleecn

Post by garyleecn »

safihre wrote: July 24th, 2017, 12:31 am The 99% stuck problem will be fixed in 2.2.0.
Indeed there is no way to cancel it or make it ignore a server, that would kind of remove the whole point of the check I think..
There are two purpose of this check,
1. This is the one I think you had in mind, just to check if the download will success.
2. This is the one I want, I have fast internet (gigabit), but the back up server is slow ~10mbps, so if most of the data is coming from back up server, even if it may success, it's easier, faster and more efficient for me just to fail it and download another one, instead of having it stall the entire queue.