Naming

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
BigDMorty

Naming

Post by BigDMorty »

I am having an issue that I THINK is related to SABnzbd. When it downloads the NZB files and puts them into my complete folder during the unpacking, it does not appear to be putting the name of the show specifically enough in the folder name, which means my other software (i.e. sonarr) cannot find them correctly.

Specific examples are Ducktales and The Flash. Sonarr uses the naming convention of "Ducktales (2017)", to find and move the files for Plex, but SABnzbd creates the folder name as "Ducktales 2017". Same for shows like The Flash, MacGyver, etc. Shows that are remakes or reboots. Therefore, I know it is not exclusive to a particular show.

My question is this... is this a SABnzbd issue that names the folder during unpack without the ()? Is there a way around this? I appreciate help in advance.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Naming

Post by safihre »

Do you have Sorting enabled in sabnzbd? Just check to be sure.
Otherwise sabnzbd unpacks the folder exactly as it was told, in a folder with the same name as the job.
How have you setup sabnzbd in Sonarr? Using the API key? This way sonarr should keep internally track of which folder to use by calling sabnzbd directly.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
BigDMorty

Post by BigDMorty »

I do have sorting enabled in SAB. As you can see below. and yes, Sonarr is using SAB API Key. Is there something I am missing to make the Show name include a year, such as "(2017) " in the name instead of just "2017"?

Correct way/what I want -- Image
Incorrect way/what I am getting -- Image

When I get the incorrect way, the files in the folder do not get renamed and recognized by Sonarr. I have to manually add the correct way and it moves within 30 sec to 60 sec.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You should not use Sorting within Sabnzbd for things that are being handled by Sonarr.
Placing files in the right folders for the show should all be handled by Sonarr.
The Sorting of Sabnzbd interferes with Sonarr's normal process. It seems now you rely on the Blackhole/Drone Factory folder method. That is being deprecated by Sonarr for this reason.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate