Stalled Downloads Notifications?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
airguy

Stalled Downloads Notifications?

Post by airguy » October 11th, 2018, 7:30 am

Running latest version 2.3.5 on Windows Platform.

I would like to be able to have Sabnzbd notify me via email if my downloads in the queue have stalled out, perhaps for a period of time.

Is this possible? perhaps via a notification script?

I am being throttled by my ISP (won't mention names). No doubt about it. I used to use SSL ports only, but since May 14 2016 (I know from my DL history), speed was cut in half, and downloads stall out completely after 5-10 minutes. However I discovered using VPN allows transfers to continue for hours, but not to the point of being able to do unattended downloads. They may still stall out after several hours. I then disconnect from the VPN server, change the IP address of the VPN server, and restart the download in Sabnzbd and they resume again. Sometimes I will do a speedtest before re-connecting to the VPN to determine if I wish to reboot the cable modem. Most of the time it is not necessary. Changing the VPN server IP address used and reconnection always fixes the stalled downloads.

Before any replies to contact my ISP, it's already been done and numerous tech visits to the house have found no problems. Also cable modem is brand new and didn't help. The problems started around the same time my ISP was merged into another huge Cable ISP. Coincidence? I think not. For the time being, I don't have any other suitable ISP options, but that may change soon.

Anyhow, it would be great if I could be notified that the downloads have stalled, so I could know I have to reset the VPN to resume downloading without having to constantly monitor transfers throughout the day with my smartphone app.

If this in not possible, could it be a new feature suggestion in a future release?

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stalled Downloads Notifications?

Post by safihre » October 11th, 2018, 8:55 am

When it stalls, the downloads just stop in the middle of progress?