Downloads going to wrong folder

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Mighty

Downloads going to wrong folder

Post by Mighty »

I think this is a sabnzbd thing.

Synology DS418play. Running the native Synology versions of Radarr and sabnzbd. All installed within the last week.

I use Radarr to search for my movies. Probably 80% of the time, everything works correctly, and my movies show up in Plex.

But for some movies, they end up in a Movies folder that gets automagically created underneath sab's download folder, alongside complete and incomplete. The folder names of the movies are the full names from the download source, not the Movie Title (Year) format. I'm assuming it's sab that's creating these folders. I can't think of why Radarr would put them there under their original names.

I've been through both Radarr's and sabnzbd's settings tabs multiple times. At one point, I'd had the sabnzbd | Switches | Direct Unpack switch enabled/checked. I unchecked that, thinking that could be the problem. But, I still have several movies that downloaded last night that are now under that Downloads/Movies folder. They show up in Plex' Other Videos section.

I remember seeing a Manual Import choice in, I think, one of the movie lists. I remember being able to click that and sometimes get those movies into Plex. I don't remember where that was located. And, I'm not sure if that will address what I'm seeing here.

All kinds of files get placed here. Some are valid Plex folder layouts and files, usually .mkv. But, some are .iso files, or complete Blu-ray folder structures with a Stream folders holding separate chapter files, which Plex can't seem to handle. For those in the correct format, I can rename them manually and move them into the Plex tree. But, obviously, that's a bit of a hassle.

I don't know if this is related. But, the Activity tab in Radarr is blank most of the time. Early on, it did a pretty good job of staying up to date. But, the last coupla days, it shows nothing. The History tab on that screen does show what happened. Both Radarr and Sab have been restarted at least once since this began happening.

I suspect there's something simple that I've overlooked.

Thanks,
Drake
Mighty

Re: Downloads going to wrong folder

Post by Mighty »

Looking more closely at the Activity | History tab, it looks like those are old downloads. I think it's not recording them there. It does see them in the Movies and Wanted pages. It says that the downloads completed.
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

Nobody else has or had movies going to Sab Downloads/Movies?

I tried moving one of the movies to .../completed, but that had no effect. Radarr didn't pick it up.

I'm at a loss on what else to try. Anyone have some ideas to help me?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Double check the Config > Categories settings that you don't have any folder setup there.
Also make sure that you have nothing setup in Config > Sorting, all should be disabled.
Otherwise SABnzbd won't just start moving stuff. I think it's the Sorting being enabled.

Sorry for the slow reply, was on vacation!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

Those folders are supposed to be blank? Wonder how I got the impression I was supposed to specify those.

Do I want the indexer categories field to be blank, too?

As for the sorting, at one point I had started to enable those, but either Sab or Radarr noticed and told me to disable them.

Hope you had fun on vacation
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

I cleared those fields and tried another movie. The Activity tab still showed blank during the download. The Activity>History tab does show the download as complete. The movie folder is in the sab complete folder. But, it did not get moved into the Plex folders nor renamed.

I think I'm going to punt on this. My Synology does not appear to be capable of transcoding at the same time it's actively searching and downloading content. So, I'm going to buy a Raspberry Pi and offload Radarr and Sab to that. Hopefully, with the experience I have so far, I can get Radarr and Sab set up correctly.

I appreciate you responding to my message.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

So in general Radarr and SABnzbd work "out of the box" with each other, if you modify paths etc Radarr might not pick them up. If you let the downloads go to the regular SABnzbd-downloads folder, Radarr will use the API and figure out where the files are :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Mighty

Post by Mighty »

Thanks. That makes sense