SABnzb slows to 0kb/s, then I have to reset in network settings. Firefox 72.0.1 Mint 19.3

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Bungalow

SABnzb slows to 0kb/s, then I have to reset in network settings. Firefox 72.0.1 Mint 19.3

Post by Bungalow »

Now, really bugging me, this slowing to 0kb/s, and then having to reset network settings, or rebooting. I've tried Google, Firefox, forums, etc., but can find no way of fixing this problem. Please, does anybody know what he answer is.
Many thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SABnzb slows to 0kb/s, then I have to reset in network settings. Firefox 72.0.1 Mint 19.3

Post by safihre »

When this happens, what is shown when you click on the Status and Interface settings window and then Show Logging?
You might have to enable +Debug logging.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Bungalow

Re: SABnzb slows to 0kb/s, then I have to reset in network settings. Firefox 72.0.1 Mint 19.3

Post by Bungalow »

Have tried everything, but to no avail. Even now, still drops out to 0, and no amount of configuring, both the programme and the router, makes any difference whatsoever. Even the time limit on the slowdown varies. Sometimes it is within seconds of starting download, sometimes it will download 4 or 5 programmes, before dropping to zero. Have to always reset, network settings though, and it is becoming a real pain.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Well, that's why I asked you to check the logs so we can see what errors are thrown by SABnzbd.
Have you tried reducing the number of connections to your servers in Config > Servers?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
witchking42

Post by witchking42 »

I had a similar problem and just resolved it for my instance.

My downloads would be fine but gradually slowed, as yours did, even quickrepairing was taking ages.

It turned out the scratch drive I use for my temporary downloads was on it's way out. As soon I changed the location of the temporary folder it shot off at full speed.

May be worth a check?