Malformed FileNames

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
binskin

Malformed FileNames

Post by binskin »

Running SAB ver 3.2.1 [0542c25], in Docker on a Synology DS920+

Using Sonarr to download content, 90% of downloads work properly however im getting a number of downloads that complete successfully in SAB, however the filenames are malformed and not being picked up again by Sonarr as it does not recognise a file in the completed download folder to pull across. The result is that the garbage download holds up the Sonarr queue so no further downloads are attempted etc.

For example, the below snip from an NZB file produces a file named "[N3wZ] +Kmei6f27283+--[PRiVATE]-[WtFnZb]-[[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle]" with the file type ".MKV]-[1+1] - " yEnc 1444676325 (1/2822)"

<file poster="nEwZ[NZB] &lt;[email protected]&gt;" date="1618207948" subject="[N3wZ] \Kmei6f27283\::[PRiVATE]-[WtFnZb]-[[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle].mkv]-[1/1] - &quot;&quot; yEnc 1444676325 (1/2822)">

If i manually rename this file to myfile.mkv playback is as expected.

If i edit the "subject" property of the NZB file to remove most of the garbage it also downloads and completes and is named appropriately.

Is their anything i can do to fix this?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Malformed FileNames

Post by sander »

Have you turned on Deobfuscate final filenames, see http://127.0.0.1:8080/config/switches/# ... _filenames

If not: turn it on, and try again.

If yes, but still strange names:
Where did you get the NZB?
Can you share the NZB via pastebin, or [email protected] ?
binskin

Post by binskin »

Deobsfuscate is switched on

Pastebin link for NZB
pastebin - rjqeEYEZ

Pastebin link for log
pastebin - r9EpZtt2

(new users cant post links sorry)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, thanks for the NZB. Analysis of the NZB:

Summary: ugly NZB. But SABnzbd works as instructed by the NZB, and the resulting file (although with an ugly name) is playable with VLC.

Long:
Just one file (so not the usual set of rar files), with this name:

Code: Select all

subject="[N3wZ] \Kmei6f27283\::[PRiVATE]-[WtFnZb]-[[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle].mkv]-[1/1] - &quot;&quot; yEnc  1444676325 (1/2822)"

... and that is the name of the resulting downloaded filename. So SAB is doing what the NZB tells it to do. So: not malformed. Well, yes, malformed, but in the NZB. Even the extension (.mkv) is hidden ... brrrr

Let's see what SABnzbd's deobfuscate function says:

Code: Select all

2021-04-13 12:30:29,692::DEBUG::[deobfuscate_filenames:182] Deobfuscate inspecting /media/zeegat/blabla-binskin/[N3wZ] \Kmei6f27283\::[PRiVATE]-[WtFnZb]-[[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle].mkv]-[1+1] - "" yEnc  1444676325 (1+2822)
2021-04-13 12:30:29,692::DEBUG::[deobfuscate_filenames:84] Checking: [N3wZ] \Kmei6f27283\::[PRiVATE]-[WtFnZb]-[[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle]
2021-04-13 12:30:29,692::DEBUG::[deobfuscate_filenames:106] Not obfuscated: upperchars >= 2 and lowerchars >= 2  and spacesdots >= 1
So (last line) SAB thinks: enough variation, so probably a real name. But if we would instruct SAB to consider it obfuscated, ... where is the extension of the file ... ?

Now back to you:
1) in your opinion, what should be the correct filename ... ? How should that name be retrieved, by a program?
2) why isn't Sonarr not proceeding with this file? Isn't it a Sonarr problem?
3) if not: have you considered writing a post-processing script to rename the file?
binskin

Post by binskin »

Thanks for coming back to me, so the filename should be:

[Erai-raws]_Ijiranaide_Nagatoro-san_-_01_[1080p][Multiple_Subtitle].mkv

Which is buried in the garbage filename by the poster, so i get that its not SAB's fault, its working as instructed.

Sonarr isnt picking the file up because its expecting a file name / extension it can map back to the episode its downloaded, if i clean up the NZB subject & download again it processes no problem.

A post-processing script may solve the issue for me if i can take the NZB file name itself and rename the resulting file to it, ill review.

I've also been looking into the Sonarr options to try and filter out the rubbish NZB sources, however that seems to be limited to searching NZB filenames and not posters / categories etc.