Disk error on creating file = Errno 13

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
craytron

Re: Disk error on creating file = Errno 13

Post by craytron »

Realized I had some Windows updates pending. Installed all of those and that seemed to fix this issue.

Double-check your Windows updates if you're getting this error.

craytron

Post by craytron »

craytron wrote:
March 27th, 2021, 12:27 pm
Realized I had some Windows updates pending. Installed all of those and that seemed to fix this issue.

Double-check your Windows updates if you're getting this error.
Ok, nevermind. This issue is back. I have no idea what's going on nor how to fix this. I haven't changed ANYTHING in my setup for over a year and all of a sudden this error or "Errno" is happening every time. WTF?

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Have you tried using a completely different folder?
Error 13 is about permissions, but could also indicate the file is in use. For example by a virusscanner.
Have you tried excluding the download folder from your virusscanner? Even Windows Defender you can define exclusions folders.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate

fredddiedv

Post by fredddiedv »

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same behaviour after upgrading to the latest version.
Just pauses every few minutes downloading with error message about not being able to create file.

resuming allows it to continue downloading again for a few minutes, after it fails again on the next rar part and pasuses, resuming again works etc. eventually file gets downloaded but not really workable. Will try downgrading to see if that 'fixes' it.

Checked and have enough (500GB) free diskspace, first tried whitelisting processes and filters in windows defender, then even completely turned off windows defender (both virus and threat protection + app and browser control).
Also checked permissions on download folders, changing ntfs full control for everyone , but despite that issue persists.

Exract from logs:

Regards,
Fredddiedv

texasmcse

Post by texasmcse »

still happening. i've tried different folders, different drives, etc. cannot get this to work now and was working for years.

texasmcse

Post by texasmcse »

and i just upgraded to 3.2.1, still happens - had also tried it on RC1 same story

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It's not a Sab thing, it's something on your computer. You can even try to use an older version of Sab, I'm pretty sure the exact same thing will happen.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate