3.3.1: Sab appeared to be stuck, then when I rebuilt the queue and restarted it seemed to lose some downloaded articles

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
wcanyon

3.3.1: Sab appeared to be stuck, then when I rebuilt the queue and restarted it seemed to lose some downloaded articles

Post by wcanyon »

https://imgur.com/a/5GxMYq5

First image: this is what it looked like when I woke up this morning. Not downloading, one 14GB file is partially downloaded. Pausing and resuming didn't do anything. No idea what the orange bar means, never seen that before.

Between images: did a queue repair.

Second image: post queue repair. The second file appears to have completely lost the files it had already downloaded?

This isn't a big deal, it's just weird behavior. What was going on in the first shot? It seemed completely stuck. The app was responsive, just didn't want to actually do any downloading. I tested the usenet connection and it was fine. Checked service status and it was fine.
wcanyon

Re: 3.3.1: Sab appeared to be stuck, then when I rebuilt the queue and restarted it seemed to lose some downloaded artic

Post by wcanyon »

Not really needing support here, just saying maybe this is a bug, maybe it's just something weird happening?
wcanyon

Re: 3.3.1: Sab appeared to be stuck, then when I rebuilt the queue and restarted it seemed to lose some downloaded artic

Post by wcanyon »

This is happening again right now.

1 article in this orange state, next one down is green at 99% complete, several others at 0%. If I pause and resume nothing happens. Error log is empty. What is this orange state? How long will a job stay in that state?
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

It's supposed to abort the downloading or finish by itself, but sometimes it breaks if an article disappears from the internal list. Do you have debug logging enabled? Click the wrench to check. Click Show Logging on the same window to download the log file.

I suspect that this can happen if one of the SABnzbd threads crashes. You should completely stop SAB before trying to rebuild the queue so that you're not trying to rebuild while it's in a broken state.
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

Yeah I have debug logging on. Do you want me to paste it to pastebin or am I looking for something in particular?
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

If you put it on pastebin I can try taking a look at it. If you're not comfortable doing that then you can try emailing it to safihre.

It's possible that this was fixed very recently because there was a problem that could cause stuff like this. If you want to try the latest build and have a Github account you can download binaries for Mac or Windows here: https://github.com/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/runs/3541778400
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

Well the logs were too large for pastebin so I put it up on google drive under an account I never use

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16mcejK ... sp=sharing

There's a note at the beginning about an error I was seeing at the time, so if you have any automated analysis you will need to remove that note.
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

Same thing is happening this morning incidentally: one file stuck in orange status, everyone else not moving.

I'm on Linux, so I'll wait for the next release. It's limping along right now.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Sorry, I can't see anything in that log file that looks particularly wrong. I'm not sure if it contains the part where you reset the nzb. The orange state means that a lot of articles are missing. It should give up eventually, though.
Puzzled

Post by Puzzled »

Come to think of it, redownloading the articles is probably the intended behaviour because SAB doesn't know which particular articles are missing from a file. If a file is not complete then it has to download all of it when you retry.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Judging from the logs SAB is just stuck on a server that is timing out, so it keeps waiting forever because a timeout is not a failure (missing).
Specifically us.newsdemon.com seems to time out all the time. Try disabling it.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

Ah OK thanks for the input, I will need to add a backup server. Or I'll talk to the provider about all the timeouts, that's pretty lame for a service I'm paying for.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It could also be your ISP having some routing problem, or maybe you are not in the US? Since you use the us.newsdemon? Maybe try using the regular news.newsdemon.com? This should automatically get the closest server to you.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

I'm in the US. I added a block provider the other day. This is still happening though. I will switch to news.newsdemon.com but they are my 3rd option in the provider list, so it seems likely that won't fix it.
wcanyon

Post by wcanyon »

I have a suspicion that the issue was I was connecting on an SSL port but not checking SSL on the config.