Untrusted certificate [Eweka, newshosting, Let's encrypt R3]

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
AtariBaby

Re: Untrusted certificate [Eweka, newshosting, Let's encrypt R3]

Post by AtariBaby »

Actually I’m now thinking I have a different issue. Was doing this based on someone’s suggestion. Will post my issue in bug reports
jupiter

Post by jupiter »

chrblack wrote: October 4th, 2021, 11:06 am
jupiter wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 12:03 pm
bkz2457 wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 6:33 am Sadly as a Windows beta tester running Windows 11, i got that certificate info from Easynews who were aware of this problem.
Unfortunately you can't access the certificates [not on the beta anyway] as you can on win 10 etc.
I told them as it releases on October the 5th it might be worth their while getting on it asap! :)
Back to Newsleecher it seems.
Thanks. I can wait two more days. Windows 11 public beta user as well.
Doubt that'll fix it unless it wipes out your user certificate store which is highly unlikely. For some reason which I'm sure has an explanation it is leaving behind the old expired intermediate CA cert. The fix is to delete it from your user certificate store which you will need to do manually, or create a new user profile which will build a new user certificate store from the system store. The instructions I came up with and posted 5 days ago accomplish this and has on both my Windows 11 systems. The Windows 11 certificate manager is no different than in Windows 10.
Turned out today's widely available 22000.194 is the same as the insider preview public beta version. Not that I haven't tried your approach. It's just there is nothing there after I "Expand <Certificates - Current User>" [img]htxps://i.imgur.com/3SRO6w8.png[/img]. Many thanks. What I really didn't get is what had changed so suddenly that we are seeing this issue.

The wiki says

"If the test says OK OK OK or OK OK NOK, then the problem is local (i.e. your computer/NAS): incorrect (root) certificates, a virusscanner doing strange things, or something else. This is not something SABnzbd can solve for you. And the solutions are OS-dependent."

Same virusscanner. Using NZBget with minimum tinkering of settings seems to say everything is ok. So I feel like I really have to blame SABnzbd for this sudden problem that came out of nowhere.
wysocki

Post by wysocki »

I tried this solution on my Win10 machine where the server is running, but in step 4 the OK button is actually FINISH.
In step 5 there is no way to "expand" Certificates - Current User. If I double click it, I get a dialog labeled "Extensions for Certificates" with no ability to proceed into the remaining steps. Now what?
jupiter

Post by jupiter »

wysocki wrote: October 9th, 2021, 6:12 pm I tried this solution on my Win10 machine where the server is running, but in step 4 the OK button is actually FINISH.
In step 5 there is no way to "expand" Certificates - Current User. If I double click it, I get a dialog labeled "Extensions for Certificates" with no ability to proceed into the remaining steps. Now what?
SABnzbd 3.4.2 is back to normal now. I didn't do anything else. 3.4.2 Release Candidate 1 didn't, btw. Hooray.
rtdrumz

Post by rtdrumz »

chrblack's steps worked for me

1. Open Run and type mmc.exe
2. Select <File>, <Add/Remove Snap-In..>
3. Choose <Certificates>
4. Select <My User Account>, and click<OK>
5. Expand <Certificates - Current User>
6. Expand <Intermediate Certificate Authorities>, and Click <Certificates>
7. Find the expired R3 and delete it.

This appears to be the solution for Windows. If you are having the issue on any other platform I assume you'd just need to figure out how to delete the expired certificate on that platform.