Error pop from empty list while running par2

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Error pop from empty list while running par2

Post by sander »

The "Error pop from empty list while running par2" and the "sabnzbd.utils.rarfile.BadRarFile: cannot load le32" errors point at corrupted par2 and rar files on your disk. Therefor puzzled advices you to try another newsserver.

I would advice you to also try:
SABnzbd 3.5.0 Beta2 from https://sabnzbd.org/downloads ... as there were improvements for Apple M1
SABnzbd 3.4.1 from https://sabnzbd.org/download-stats ... because that's still Intel-only, and thus emulated by MacOS on M1
turn off pause for "Action when encrypted RAR is downloaded".

And, yes, this is trial-and-error.
mechcannibal

Post by mechcannibal »

Just made a forum account to add to this thread. I am having very similar issues with SABnzbd 3.4.2 using the linuxserver docker image and a linux host. I also have supernews as a provider. This par2 error and my logs look similar to what has been posted. My issues started happening around Dec 17 when the docker container was updated, since then I have only had one successful download. I am not sure that its SABnzbd fault though, I tried the test files on other newsnab clients with my supernews account and those fail as well.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

mechcannibal wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 2:56 pm using the linuxserver docker image and a linux host. .... My issues started happening around Dec 17 when the docker container was updated, since then I have only had one successful download.
17 december? Indeed https://fleet.linuxserver.io/image?name ... er/sabnzbd shows that date as build date.

... so ... go back to an older version of the docker image, and try again.
mechcannibal

Post by mechcannibal »

Sorry my first post was on my phone and I am away for the holidays. Yes I know the 17th was the day they updated the container. Just changed my container back to the 3.4.1 version and the issue is still occurring. I am really starting to think this is a Supernews issue. I do not have another provider to test with right now, I can find a trial tonight and give it a shot.

The 100mb test completed successfully no issues, but the 1gb or 10gb test files fail with a long list of "quick-check of file sometestfile-1000MB.partXX.rar failed" before finishing with a "Par verify failed on /my/path/sometestfile-1000MB.vol003+004.par2"
mechcannibal

Post by mechcannibal »

Got another usenet provider. No issues even on the latest SABnzbd release. I feel confident this is Supernews causing this issue. Luckily I only paid for a month. Moving to another provider.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

If anyone encounters this.
Please enable Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and download the failed file again. Then after it happens again, click Show Logging in the same window and send me that log at [email protected].
The error "pop from empty list" is a bug in SABnzbd that we need to fix.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
jreming

Post by jreming »

Says I cant post links so changed a . to ,
Does this help at all?

Code: Select all

2022-03-21 23:41:38,732::INFO::[notifier:123] Sending notification: Error - Error pop from empty list while running par2_repair on set Massive,Engineering,Mistakes,S01E08,1080p,AMZN,WEB-DL,DDP2,0,H,264-AlfaHD (type=error, job_cat=None)
2022-03-21 23:41:38,732::ERROR::[newsunpack:1158] Error pop from empty list while running par2_repair on set Massive,Engineering,Mistakes,S01E08,1080p,AMZN,WEB-DL,DDP2,0,H,264-AlfaHD
2022-03-21 23:41:38,732::INFO::[newsunpack:1159] Traceback: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "\usr\local\lib\python3,8\site-packages\sabnzbd\newsunpack,py", line 1147, in par2_repair
    finished, readd, used_joinables, used_for_repair = par2cmdline_verify(parfile, nzo, setname, joinables)
  File "\usr\local\lib\python3,8\site-packages\sabnzbd\newsunpack,py", line 1350, in par2cmdline_verify
    added_blocks = nzo,get_extra_blocks(setname, needed_blocks)
  File "\usr\local\lib\python3,8\site-packages\sabnzbd\nzbstuff,py", line 1141, in get_extra_blocks
    new_nzf = block_list,pop()
IndexError: pop from empty list
Been getting that one randomly for the past week or so, ever since I upgraded to the latest 3,5,0 from 3,0,0

Also have a bunch like this where it says <HASH>

2022-03-21 23:41:13,419::INFO::[assembler:381] Error during inspection of RAR-file \mnt\tmp\Massive,Engineering,Mistakes,S01E09,1080p,AMZN,WEB-DL,DDP2,0,H,264-AlfaHD\<HASH>b8605f9,part44,rar

jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

jreming wrote: March 21st, 2022, 11:11 pmDoes this help at all?

File "\usr\local\lib\python3,8\site-packages\sabnzbd\nzbstuff,py", line 1141, in get_extra_blocks
    new_nzf = block_list,pop()
IndexError: pop from empty list
While this is the type of information we need to fix bugs (preferably with debug logging too), the bug in your traceback has already been fixed in this commit (released as part of 3.6.0 beta1).
Also have a bunch like this where it says <HASH>
That's put there by the log export function to prevent things like api keys from leaking when users share log files; the original will have some random hexadecimal string there.