NZB v RSS titles

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
fenlander

NZB v RSS titles

Post by fenlander »

I've recently adopted NZB.SU as my indexer (anticipating the demise of NZBS.ORG). I've set up a list of shows to generate an rss file for SABNZBD. Mostly this works fine, but in two cases this week the item in question was present in the rss file as viewed on NZB.SU's site, but was not picked up by SAB. Here are the items as displayed on NZBIndex:

[ Body.of.Proof.S02E20.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[08/41] - "fufu.220.720p-dimension.sample.mkv"
[ Fringe.S04E18.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[08/42] - "cringe.418.720p-dimension.sample.mkv"

The point in common seems to be that the poster has adopted a disguised title - 'fufu', 'cringe' .

I don't know if this is primarily an issue for NZB.SU or for SABNZBD - I have posted on NZB.SU as well but have received no reply. I should add that I did not have this problem with NZBS.ORG. Any thoughts?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NZB v RSS titles

Post by shypike »

If you setup an RSS feed for nzb.su, how do the titles look in SABnzbd's RSS preview?
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

shypike wrote:If you setup an RSS feed for nzb.su, how do the titles look in SABnzbd's RSS preview?
Like this in the 'matched' list (based on an airdate=2 filter):

3 The.Finder.S01E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
3 Touch.S01E05.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
3 Awake.S01E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

The 'not matched' list is empty.

Fringe should be there, too, and it does appear in the match list on NZB.SU. In the last month, Fringe has been posted with an 'odd' title 3 times out of 4 (these matches from NZBIndex):

[93863]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ Fringe.S04E18.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[08/42] - "cringe.418.720p-dimension.sample.mkv" yEnc
[93037]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ Fringe.S04E17.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[01/34] - "everything.in.its.right.place.417.720p-dimension.par2" yEnc
[92252]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ Fringe.S04E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[02/33] - "fringe.416.720p-dimension.nfo" yEnc
[91502]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ Fringe.S04E15.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION ]-[02/32] - "hes.no.steward.of.gondor.415.720p-dimension.par2" yEnc

If I extend the NZB.SU airdate filter to include all of these, the only one that SAB picks up from the feed is SO4E16 - which is the only one not to have a non-standard title. They are all in the rss feed.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

I've been taking a look at the logs. To my uneducated eye, it looks like SABNZBD did find the file, downloaded it, unpacked it - and then deleted it. The log is too long to append here, but I can email it if helpful.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Please zip and email to [email protected]
(and add the URL of this message).
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Analysed your log for the Fringe item.
I don't see SABnzbd removing the MKV file, it should be there.
It does however remove srr, srt, nfo and nzb, like you asked it to.
Do you happen to use the Season Sort function?

BTW: I doubt whether nzb.su is even a factor.
As long as it delivers usable NZB files (which I don't doubt) and has reasonable titles,
it should just work. You may need to tweak your filters a bit.
Even nzb.su's file names look OK to me.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

I don't use Season Sort.

The rss feed comes from the 'My Shows' function, so includes only the files I want. The only filters I have set in SABNZBD are a requirement for 720p and exclusions for dd5 and web-dl.

Interestingly, there is another post on the NZB.SU forum by an ex-NZBS.ORG user who seems to be suffering the same problem with 'Young Justice' and 'Green Lantern the Animated Series' and yet another with 'The Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes'. So far as I can see, the download failures they report also coincide with the same pattern of non-standard titles/file names.

Despite the log clearly showing that Fringe was downloaded, there is absolutely no sign of it - nothing in Complete or Incomplete and it is not listed as Failed
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

You'd have to show me your exact nzb.su RSS feed setup,
because based on the NZB, I can successfully download the listed items.
You can email the RSS URL and/or screenshots.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

I don't think the issue is with downloading. The log indicates that the files are being downloaded, but for some reason they are then being 'disappeared'. I'll email the rss output, but I'm already aware that the missing items are there.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Have you tried to download the NZB from the indexer and then feeding it to SABnzbd?
Just to eliminate the RSS part. Be sure to tag it with the same category as the RSS setup would.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

I'll try that a little later, when I get into an uncapped timeslot. Thanks again for your help - on a Sunday, too!