Trouble with setting up Quoch on iOS

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
infernalcolonel

Trouble with setting up Quoch on iOS

Post by infernalcolonel »

I know you guys surely get sick of helping people set up their computers for nzb downloads, but I'm thoroughly confused.

I just got a block account from newgroupdirect, and I can connect fine. I also paid for a VIP upgrade on nzbmatrix. That worked fine. I tried a few sample downloads using the "send to sabnzbd" links on their respective download pages, and that worked fine and they are downloading quickly.

Now I want to be able to view, manage, and add to my downloads from my iphone. I downloaded Quoch as a guess since I had a hard time decyphering the difference between it and mynzb, SABblablabla, and all the others, but I'm having trouble setting it up.

I set the host/IP to my routers IP address that I pulled of Airport Utility (xxx.xx.xx.1). I enabled SSL (also in SABnzbd), I used port 9090 in the app since SAB states 9090 is for https, I enabled the SABnzbd overall, and I added my username, password, and API key that are set up in SAB for connecting to it specifically.

I've double-checked all of these, as well as my settings in SAB, and I've read so many posts about this I'm going blind, yet it still doesn't work. I'm sure I'm leaving out some vital info, but can you guys either help me out or link me to an "easy setup" for ANY iphone app with sabnzbd?

I'm on:
sabnzbd 0.7.0, classic skin
OS X 10.7.4
iphone app Quoch, obviously
Airport Extreme dual-band

Thanks for the help in advance.
landog

Re: Trouble with setting up Quoch on iOS

Post by landog »

MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Trouble with setting up Quoch on iOS

Post by MageMinds »

infernalcolonel wrote:I set the host/IP to my routers IP address that I pulled of Airport Utility (xxx.xx.xx.1). I enabled SSL (also in SABnzbd), I used port 9090 in the app since SAB states 9090 is for https, I enabled the SABnzbd overall, and I added my username, password, and API key that are set up in SAB for connecting to it specifically.
Sorry for the late reply... It took me two or tree reading to find your problem... You should not enter your router IP (xxx.xx.xx.1) address there, you need to put the IP address of the PC that run sabnzbd (xxx.xx.xx.102) (for example).

Then again if you do that, you'll only be able to control sabnzbd when you're at home, if you need to control it while on the road, than you need to install two servers in Qouch, one with the local IP address and one other server with your PUBLIC router IP address. Since most residential Internet connection come with dynamic addressing you'll need a DynDNS or something like that and you enter the dynamic dns name you've choosen in the server configuration of Qouch.

But Some router will allow you to access services inside your network while using your public IP address while inside. They are clever enough to redirect you correctly to the server inside your network, this is called reflection. Most router doesn't do that, you'll have to experiment to find in which category lies yours.

Oh and you'll need to forward the port 9090 in your router to the pc that run sabnzbd.

MageMinds