Help with xsusenet

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Calvinder

Help with xsusenet

Post by Calvinder »

Hello all
I realize this is a sabnzdb forum bit I hope some one can help me.
I had a premium acc with xsusenet and when it was to expire. I logged on to pay for the next term with paypal and it would not let me. I get a payment failed error. Long story shot I have tried many things with no luck. I have sent many emails to xsusenet Contact, Support, And even abuse and complaints departments. and received no reply. I can not find a xsusenet forum.
Does any one have any suggestions?

Regards
Calvin
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help with xsusenet

Post by shypike »

Find a new provider.
We've also has quite a few complaints from other users having trouble connecting
SABnzbd with their servers.
I have one of their free accounts, which doesn't work most of the time.
I've tried to get a month's subscription, but also couldn't get through their sign-up.
Don't waste your money, they'll be bankrupt soon when they keep this up.

BTW: the PayPal issue is probably caused by PayPal itself.
They've started a witch hunt for Usenet resellers in Holland.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I agree w/ shypike. I happen to have usenetserver.com, and have had them for years. Never any issues, rarely use my astraweb block account. The only reason I have astraweb is b/c they are a different back end provider than usenetserver. Or at least were when I bought the block.
Calvinder

Post by Calvinder »

Thanks guys that makes sense. especially the paypal part. I mainly was trying it because I was new to nzb coming from torrents like many people. And wanted to test stuff out with out putting out many bucks and they had a free acc. That is why when I needed a premium acc I opted for one month with out running a paypal subscription. I only paid for the one month.

I will look into usenetserver.com Do you suggest any others?

Thanks for your time and rapid response.

Warm regards from Oaxaca Mexico
Calvin
Calvinder

Post by Calvinder »

One more thing if I get " Repair failed, not enough repair blocks" is that the fault of xsusenst or some other thing? I am getting more and more in the last few days.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Calvinder wrote:One more thing if I get " Repair failed, not enough repair blocks" is that the fault of xsusenst or some other thing? I am getting more and more in the last few days.
If it's a post within the provider's retention, it's the fault of the USA DMCA, so 1) of the USA voters or 2) of the USA content industry lobbyists (depending on what you believe).
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

sander wrote:
Calvinder wrote:One more thing if I get " Repair failed, not enough repair blocks" is that the fault of xsusenst or some other thing? I am getting more and more in the last few days.
If it's a post within the provider's retention, it's the fault of the USA DMCA, so 1) of the USA voters or 2) of the USA content industry lobbyists (depending on what you believe).

I don't think DMCA ever went to the voters. So it'd be option 2. ;)
sereeds

Post by sereeds »

I have had no unusual issues with xsusenet.

Like most providers, there will be connection issues if you exceed your allowed connections.
So with their free account, if you use the "test" button when you setup a server, then immediately try to download with your 2 connections setting, that could be considered 3 connections, as your test likely hasn't fully closed yet.

Anyway, I was soo pleased with the free account (hint: no takedowns), I opened a paid one with xsusenet.

The reports that PayPal is not working, are likely correct. I'm sure they are now being targeted, and PayPal dropped them.
I looked into their alternative payment, PaySafeCard. I was amazed to find out that local gas stations in my area sell it. You simply pay the retailer, and they print off a special PIN code, which you use for payment on the xsusenet site. No credit cards, no names.

Personally I was pulling my hair out while my usually super awesome provider, was not working for my usual content. These D**A takedowns threw me into a furious rage. I found xsusenet and just use them as a backup server. My blood pressure has dropped significantly and my hair will grow back :-)

I have my paid xsusenet set at 10 connections with SSL, and I can max out my Internet connection. I tested it thoroughly before and after jumping to paid account. So I don't set it to 20 connections, the maximum. Running SABnzbd 0.7.6, and it worked fine with the previous version too.

I really hope they stick around, as this seems like a reasonable solution to my D**A rage problems. I hope more people support them, and that paysafecard doesn't drop them, as that might be their only payment system left. I'm impressed with xsusenet and with this paysafecard, what a great idea. I'm definitely keeping my USA provider, but I feel that $10 for xsusenet is worth it.

Just my 2 cents, hope that helps people.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

Sereeds: That's good info, thanks. Although I haven't had any real issues with take downs myself with my set up. Granted, I don't do games, and I think that area is hit much harder than the TV/movies that I grab. But I can even get 'old' stuff like season one of Dexter. :)
Paschar

Post by Paschar »

Just tried to sign up at xsusenet.com and paypal doesn't work. Submitted a ticket days ago. Ignored. Next. Makes you wonder what the hell they're doing over there.
sereeds

Post by sereeds »

Did you read my post??
Use PaySafeCard with xsusenet.