NZBIndex RSS. Second, third, etc. pages

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
adamas

NZBIndex RSS. Second, third, etc. pages

Post by adamas »

Guys, when adding an RSS feed from NZBIndex it only adds the latest 250 records. However, on the NZBIndex itself one can see 9 more pages (10 in total). Is there a way to add the remaining 9 pages to the RSS feed as well?
I tried adding "&nzblink=1" (2, 3, etc) at the end of the RSS URL string, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference.

I would very much appreciate any help on this one, good people!
SABnzbd Version: 0.7.9
Windows 8 Ent x64
adamas

Re: NZBIndex RSS. Second, third, etc. pages

Post by adamas »

Bump
Guys, anyone? :)
Windows 8 Ent x64
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

http://nzbindex.nl/rss/?q=my+show&sort=agedesc&max=1000

I haven't tested whether "max" has a maximum.
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

If you set max >250 it reverts to 250. My queries never return that many results: can't you define a more restrictive query that returns fewer results?
adamas

Post by adamas »

shypike wrote:http://nzbindex.nl/rss/?q=my+show&sort=agedesc&max=1000

I haven't tested whether "max" has a maximum.
Thanks for your kind reply! :) But exactly as fenlander said, setting it to anything more than 250 still shows a maximum of 250 :( I did try that as well before posting here actually.

But that's exactly the thing here, as nice as 250 records are, there are 2 250 more (pages 2-10) which one simply can not add :( And I can't believe nobody faced this kind of thing before. I mean, am I really the only guy around who wants to be able to comfortably queue more than the first 250 results? :)

Anyhow, guys, thank you both so very much for your answers. Still, I hope there's some kind of a solution to this! (so good people, please DO weigh in!)
Windows 8 Ent x64
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

Actually, I'm sure there are more than 2250 more. The 10 page limit is also an arbitrary cut-off point. If you limit the age to 2 or 3 days the number of results is drastically reduced.
augur

Post by augur »

I have used nzbindex.nl for quite a while too (just over a year but it feels longer) and it looks to me like the rss feed on the server end is configured to only return the first 250 results (an unfortunate but not unreasonable setup for a free service) just as the web page is limited to the first 2500 results.

I have no problem since my rss feed is configured such that newest items appear first and it is checked often enough that they are always picked up before they can disappear off the page (so to speak).
There is a kind of workaround but it requires creating multiple RSS feeds and taking advantage of the minage/maxage fields in the advanced search. Which, if you are creating multiple filters for each rss feed would be a major pain to duplicate.
i.e.

Code: Select all

1st rss feed http://nzbindex.nl/rss/?q=my+show&age=7&minage=0&sort=agedesc&max=250
2nd rss feed http://nzbindex.nl/rss/?q=my+show&age=14&minage=7&sort=agedesc&max=250
and so on
or set up the first rss feed with filters, add matched items, then modify the rss feed to the next one and repeat.

If i recall correctly i think there was a feature request for either multiple rss feeds with a shared single set of filters or the ability to copy the filters from one rss feed to another but i do not recall whether that is/can/will be added. Although imho i can image all sorts of problems/time required with implementing shared filters, but the ability to copy filters from one rss to another might me fairly simple and would be welcome.

However, from what you are saying could it be that you are trying to bulk add nzbs from a search query into sabnzbd. i.e. it is not a permanent rss feed but just a way to get lots of matches in at once. If so you may like to look at the firefox plugin nzbStatus which also integrates with nzbindex.nl and adds a little icon and button which enables you to both send individual results to sabnzbd but also to tick the boxes to multiple results and "Send selected to server".
Additionally i have had success using a download manager (free download manager) to harvest all the nzbs from a page of results. Although from the way the web page is setup i do end up with two versions of each result, one the nzb the other a "fake" nzb of the web-page from the "View collection" link, but it is quicker to sort the good from the bad than to click on each one individually. You do need to take care to throttle the rate you download at as if you hammer it you get blocked for a few minutes. Then simply drop the nzbs into the watched folder.