Rename unpacked files like the nzb name?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rename unpacked files like the nzb name?

Post by safihre »

That is correct, since it doesn't know which files came from the download if they were unpacked just to a big directory with other files.
So just disable the * in the Category settings.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
relayer35

Post by relayer35 »

safihre wrote: December 5th, 2017, 8:19 am That is correct, since it doesn't know which files came from the download if they were unpacked just to a big directory with other files.
So just disable the * in the Category settings.
Unfortunately with my setup I cannot have each episode of a tv show in it's own folder. :(

There's no way to tell it to just rename the mkv file it just unpacked?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

You can use Sorting, use for Series Sorting and Movies Sorting the sorting string:
%dn.%ext
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
relayer35

Post by relayer35 »

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems like that would work most of the times, but not when the folder name for the TV series is different than the name given on the nzb. For instance, if my folder is "D:\Travelers (2016)" and the nzb is "Travelers S02E02 something.nzb"
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

The name is not really correct. Internally it always uses the NZB name, not the folder name.
We will probably rename that option in a future release.
relayer35

Post by relayer35 »

safihre wrote: December 5th, 2017, 2:20 pm The name is not really correct. Internally it always uses the NZB name, not the folder name.
We will probably rename that option in a future release.
It uses the NZB name to determine the name of the show, which won't match my folder name where the show is stored. (In this example, it's Travelers (2016) because that's how the Kodi scrapers match the series). If the NZB Name is "Travelers S02E01 something.nzb" it would, and my category path is "D:\" it would put the file in D:\Travelers not D:\Travelers (2016).
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

relayer35 wrote: December 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm It uses the NZB name to determine the name of the show, which won't match my folder name where the show is stored. (In this example, it's Travelers (2016) because that's how the Kodi scrapers match the series). If the NZB Name is "Travelers S02E01 something.nzb" it would, and my category path is "D:\" it would put the file in D:\Travelers not D:\Travelers (2016).
Yes, this is true.
What you need is Sonarr. It will do all this sorting just the way you like and has many more options to put it exactly in the right place!

This topic is only about renaming:
hasdj283298e82938e283.mkv -> Series.Name.mkv
turbolooser

Post by turbolooser »

Just want to report that I was having the same issues with foldernames being correct but filenames not. This led to sonarr not picking up the files automatically as the quality was missing in the filename :-/

sorting series/TV now using: %dn/%dn.%ext
did the trick for me. Now folder + filename are the same having all information for processing in sonarr

Thanks and keep up the good work