WD TV Live not playing files......

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Justint1976

Re: WD TV Live not playing files......

Post by Justint1976 »

I can move it to another file after postprocessing is done(Downloads), then paste it back where I want it (Season folder) and it works. So it must be an access rights issue. Any thoughts on this peoples?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

It depends very much on which operating system SABnzbd is running. Which is that?
BTW: can you email the NZB to [email protected] (please add the URL of this message).
Justint1976

Post by Justint1976 »

thanks. It's on Vista right now. unfortunately.
augur

Post by augur »

From the sequential nature of the hex codes i would suspect the file has been truncated, and yet you say they are the same size, this is weird.
Are you sure that "copy and paste the file from the Completed folder into my desired folder, then it magically works." as if that was true then the filecompare should have resulted in identical files after copying the file(s) to the root of your C drive. Could it have been the manually extracted file rather than the automatically unrared file? Out of curiosity how are the wdtv accessing the mkv, network or are are you putting them on a usb drive? I have heard of corruption when unraring to an external hard drive (doubly so if the source files are on the hard drive too) so if you have somehow set it up so the completed folder is on a usb hard drive and it is trying to extract on that it could be the cause of the problems. Change the setup so it unrars on the internal hard drive then either manually or using a post-processing script move it to the usb hard drive.

If not then it can only reasonably be an access rights issue to me too, but i would expect that to be an all or nothing rather than a corruption. Bear in mind Vista was microsofts first attempt at really locking down a home operating system and they made a bit of a mess of it. In the config Folders section what are the
Default Base Folder
Temporary Download Folder
Completed Folder
How are you launching sabnzbd, i would assume just launching from your user account. Open Task Manager and check what User Name is being used to run the process. Does it have admin access or is it just a limited account. It should match the base folder i.e.
Default Base Folder C:\Users\Bridget and Justin\Documents\Downloads\
Running under account "Bridget and Justin"
If not that could be the cause of your problems, it is running under a different account than the owner of the folders it is trying to save to.

The simplest way to try and fix access rights problems is probably to create new folders in the root of the drive using the same account as you are running sabnzbd so the permissions match. If your computer has partitioned hard drives then use the other partition (so long as there is enough space).
Set up a folder heirarchy something like c:\sab and within that folder called temp and completed. Then change sabnzbd to use those folders respectively for Temporary Download Folder and Completed folder. Try again and see if it works.
Justint1976

Post by Justint1976 »

I have a 2 tb internal drive in my htpc. The downloads folder that was created by Sab is in "my documents" I have the sabtosickbeard script running to move the file to videos/tv shows/. I have one wd box connected wirelessly for now (running ethernet throughout, installing a 20 port switch as a mainframe.) The other wd box is hardwired in my office. I also have plex on my pc all of my wireless devices and 2 xbox 360's. I am out and about now, but when I gat back I will run some more tests on the files. I did a clean install and am having the same results. I agree with you guys that it's a rights issue. Vista sucks. Should I switch to windows 7? Unrelated , but I've been contemplating it. I am going to direct my wd box to play directly from the completed folder to see if it's the move in post processing that is messing things up too. Thanks for all of the ideas guys, I'll keep you posted.
Justint1976

Post by Justint1976 »

BAH! After upgrading to windows 8 and doing a complete clean install of all programs I arrive back at square one.... LOL. Pasted a couple NZB's below. Funny thing is that if I go into the folder (User/videos/tv shows/Tosh.0) and right click, copy and paste into the same folder, go to the WD TV live, toggle out and back into the folder.....It plays perfectly. My only idea is that it must be some sort of sharing issue right? So i'm running windows 8 and have shared everything to everywhere.... Still this issue though. Any ideas guys and gals? Do I need to specifically give Sickbeard rights? It's doing the post processing so I assume it's happening there. Also, I just confirmed. Not allowing it to post process, and accessing the file from the completed folder allows me to play perfectly.

REMOVED ... see http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41
war59312

Post by war59312 »

Hi,

Try this...

Save this as a .reg file and import it:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /k takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant Users:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /k takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant Users:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /k takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant Users:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /k takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant Users:F /t"
This will add a "Take Ownership" option to the context menu (right click) of all folders.

Then right click on the folder that SABnzbd is downloading/extracting/post processing, etc. and click "Take Ownership".

This should fix any sort of permissions issue you are having.

Take Care,

Will
Justint1976

Post by Justint1976 »

Got it fixed. It was a post processing/sharing issue. Something to do with permissions. Now it's running like a champ. :)
the block

Post by the block »

I just wanted to add onto this thread stating I had the same problem as Justint1976, and it turned out to also be a permissions problem. I never thought it was a permissions problem as I figured if it was, I wouldn't have even been able to navigate through the folders to the file I wanted to play. Also, my popcorn hour was able to play the same files over the network. Anywho, I made the permissions more liberal and it started working again. Big relief, as I much prefer using the WDTV over XBMC.