Cannot change permissions of /incomplete/

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Marcoevich

Cannot change permissions of /incomplete/

Post by Marcoevich »

Hi all,

I have just set up SABNzbd for my synology NAS. All seems well, but I have one error:

Cannot change permissions of /volume1/Public/SABNzbd Downloads/incomplete

Is this something I should worry about? How should I fix this?

Thx in advance!
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cannot change permissions of /incomplete/

Post by shypike »

Does downloading work properly?
Fixing means giving SABnzbd full access to the /volume1/Public/SABnzbd Downloads folder.
bloemkool

Post by bloemkool »

I agree...

But can you explain how?
I tried all the settings, but nothing seems to work to get this in place.
In the preferences I have used the 777 CHMOD, but the error still is there...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

This is something that has to be done outside of SABnzbd.
Since I'm not familiar with the system you're using SABnzbd on, I cannot tell you how.
repmeer

Post by repmeer »

I was able to fix it with the command chmod 777 /volume1/downloads/

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... bd#p315373
omegablues

Post by omegablues »

For future SABnzbd users that are hosting it on a Synology NAS via its DSM operating system. Firstly, I must say, you've made a very wise choice of storage platfom, the Synology NAS is the bomb (mine is the 1813+), but it does take you into a world of Linux and a different application of permissions and if you don't have a mild understanding, the 755 or 777 applied permissions might as well be 666.

In the folder configuration tab, the creators of SABnzbd have given you and I the ability to control the permissions on whatever folder we designate as the Completed Downloads folder (i.e. \volume1\Media\Content Downloads), so if you setup your Incomplete folder as \volume1\Media\Incomplete (outside the completed downloads path) it will throw this error. If may be functioning properly because you have set up permissions to allow anyone or anything to read/write to that directory path within your Synology, but SABnzbd doesn't have the ability to control the Linux permissions by applying 755 or 777.

To get rid of this pesky error appearing periodically, just move your Incomplete directory folder into you Completed Downloads folder (i.e. \volume1\Media\Content Downloads\Incomplete) and everything will be copasetic! :-)

*Also, all you Windows Synology users...please be aware that in Linux when mapping a NFS share path, it is usually be case sensitive. If your mapping isn't working, try matching all cases in your path to the created volume in your Synology NAS.

Happy Downloading and Viewing!
ziptbm

Post by ziptbm »

Is this still the case for SABnzbd on Synology?

If I'm following this and other threads correctly, the "Cannot change permissions of /volume1/downloads/.." is nothing to worry about on a Synology. Unless you want to get rid of it by moving your folder to \volume1\Media\Content Downloads\..."

I just switched to a Synology from QNAP and am really surprised to see this type of error persisting here.
tchirou

Post by tchirou »

Hello
I installed yesterday Sabnzbd on Synology after years of windows
I successfully got rid of this error this morning by giving the incomplete folder total access for the group "users"
Berwhale

Post by Berwhale »

I run SABNZBD on Synology DSM 6.2 . One of my categories moves completed downloads to a share on another Synology via a mount point. I got rid of the error by setting the "Permissions for completed downloads" field on the SABNZBD/Settings/Folders tab to blank (i.e. I deleted '777' and saved the changes).
Widofnir

Post by Widofnir »

Berwhale wrote: October 7th, 2018, 4:47 pm I run SABNZBD on Synology DSM 6.2 . One of my categories moves completed downloads to a share on another Synology via a mount point. I got rid of the error by setting the "Permissions for completed downloads" field on the SABNZBD/Settings/Folders tab to blank (i.e. I deleted '777' and saved the changes).
Many thanks for this info. Works with latest DS920+!

Thank you!!!