Movie post processing.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
TakeshiKovacs

Re: Movie post processing.

Post by TakeshiKovacs »

Hi Shypike,

Thanks for getting back to me. I thought Sick Beard just handles TV d/ls. And I think I have it configured so that it's not doing any post-processing. Do you think it will fix the problem if I just don't have Sick Beard running when d/ling movies with SAB? I guess I can give it a try.

Thanks again,

Alain
TakeshiKovacs

Post by TakeshiKovacs »

Shypike,

So, I am making some progress. I downloaded a movie without Sick Beard running at the same time. When the NZB was loaded into SAB, I manually set it to the moviescat which has the script set to none. This time, the movie downloaded, post-processed correctly and was moved to the correct folder in the NAS. I am 97% happy with the process.

I do have one question. When SAB processed the movie, it also moved all the supporting files to the NAS as well (srr, nfo, nzb, etc.) I looked in config/sorting but I can't see any way to suppress that.

Thanks!
psykix

Post by psykix »

In config, general, tuning, clean up list, type all the file extensions that you want removed.

FYI, mine is :-

.nfo, .sfv, .url, .nzb, .jpg, .txt, .par2
psykix

Post by psykix »

Also, if you set your moviescat category to have movies* in the Groups / Indexer Tags field then when you download a movie nzb, it should get automatically categorised correctly.

Like this :-

TakeshiKovacs

Post by TakeshiKovacs »

I seem to have taken a step backwards. I got one movie to post-process correctly (with all the extra files that you explained how to clean up - thanks, by the way!)

I have everything set up pretty much exactly as you do. Moviescat/default/default/none/download path/movies (I notice you have an asterisk, do I need that?) but now the movies download and then just vanish. They aren't in the download folder on the c: drive and they aren't on the NAS. One file out of three yesterday actually got post processed but it had no script log so I don't know why.

I thought it was because the post processing action was set to delete (which I think means delete *after* post processing) so I changed it to download. That didn't help (and you have yours set to default). It looks like no post processing is taking place because once the download is done, there is no script log. I checked the local recycle bin and the network recycle bin and the file is just nowhere (even though SABD says it d/led).
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Where does the download report say the download went?
(Click on the entry in History.)
TakeshiKovacs

Post by TakeshiKovacs »

It says it went to the Z: drive (mapped drive on the NAS) but I can't find it there.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

In that case I don't know either.
If the operating system doesn't give error messages,
SABnzbd assumes things are ok.
What happens if you send the result to a local drive?
TakeshiKovacs

Post by TakeshiKovacs »

Hi Shypike,

I still don't know where those d/ls disappeared to. Everything works fine when I specify a local folder. It's just when I tell it to move it to the NAS. Luckily I don't d/l too many movies. I can process them manually while I experiment with some different configurations.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

For SABnzbd, all drives are equal.
It's up to the operating system to handle the differences.
(There's just one exception: the "temporary download folder" cannot be a \\UNC path,
but that's due to a limitation in the par2 program.)
psykix

Post by psykix »

TakeshiKovacs wrote:Hi Shypike,

I still don't know where those d/ls disappeared to. Everything works fine when I specify a local folder. It's just when I tell it to move it to the NAS. Luckily I don't d/l too many movies. I can process them manually while I experiment with some different configurations.
Just use a UNC path in your sort string - but make sure you run RC2 as UNC paths are fixed in that (and confirmed working here)

Windows sometimes drops mapped drives and requires a double click to wake them up (or so I found) which is why I use UNC paths. I have no mapped drives to my NAS.
psykix

Post by psykix »

My sort settings as of RC2 :-

MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

I wish I could simply rename the file with the jobname... Since the posters often obfuscate the filename now, it would be a simple option I think...

I like to know the official release name of the movies I get because I need to find subtitle matched to that release when I'm sitting in my couch in front of MediaPortal.

Regards.
MageMinds
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by MageMinds »

Replying to myself... "%dn\%dn.%ext" did the trick!