sabnzbd with nzbdrone

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
kevindd992002

Re: sabnzbd with nzbdrone

Post by kevindd992002 »

markus101 wrote:Sonarr (NzbDrone) won't remove attempt to remove something if its not in queue/history. I think from here Debug logging for both Sonarr and SAB would be helpful to see the call from Sonarr to SAB since there have been a number of changes on the Sonarr side (2.0.0.2180). Also make sure Retry is set to 0 in failed download settings (advanced): https://db.tt/QAHLnjnL - which will eliminate retrying causing issues, if there are still issues then we know to look elsewhere.
Ok. So if I wanted to use that retry feature, I won't be able to do so because of this issue? Is that beneficial and useful at all?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

I should have been more clear, I want you to disable it to ensure it doesn't cause issues, it could be causing issues, or it could not be (its not for me for example), but disabling means we can verify if the issue still exists and go from there. Its beneficial when propagation issues cause delays in getting to your servers, but for older releases (past the grace period) it has zero benefit.
kevindd992002

Post by kevindd992002 »

markus101 wrote:I should have been more clear, I want you to disable it to ensure it doesn't cause issues, it could be causing issues, or it could not be (its not for me for example), but disabling means we can verify if the issue still exists and go from there. Its beneficial when propagation issues cause delays in getting to your servers, but for older releases (past the grace period) it has zero benefit.
Gotcha. I'll troubleshoot further and will report back on how it goes. Thanks.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Can you test with 0.7.20RC1?
There's a tiny change that may help in some situations.
(Also an extension of the Retry API-call, but that doesn't affect this problem.)
kevindd992002

Post by kevindd992002 »

shypike wrote:Can you test with 0.7.20RC1?
There's a tiny change that may help in some situations.
(Also an extension of the Retry API-call, but that doesn't affect this problem.)
Sure, I'll look into that. Should I test with or without the retry feature of sonarr?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

kevindd992002 wrote: Sure, I'll look into that. Should I test with or without the retry feature of sonarr?
I guess without. The improvement in SABnzbd isn't being used yet by nzbDrone.
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

I'm curious was there ever a resolution to this issue (from either Sonarr or SABnzbd)? SABnzbd stops completely every time it runs into this error; requiring me to manually start it. Im not sure what caused this issue to start happening in the first place. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

We ended up pulling the retry logic from Sonarr because it didn't fit well with our goals and was causing more issues than it was solving. From the Sonarr perspective it still removes failed downloads though.
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

Thanks for the quick Response Markus. So can you think of any way to avoid this condition? I'm curious what other users do in this case. Would I have to completely disable retrying in Sonarr for this issue to be avoided? Any other ways to avoid the issue?
markus101
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by markus101 »

Turning off Remove in Sonarr's Failed Download Settings would stop Sonarr from removing failed downloads (and freeing up the disk space), that would at least rule out Sonarr causing the error to occur, but won't solve any underlying issues as to why the ID is not found.
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

Thanks so much for the suggestion! I disabled that setting!
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

After I disabled the remove setting in Sonarr, Sabnzbd STILL gives the errors on some downloads. However, at least SABNzbd doesn't completely stop when it gets those errors. Now that we know this issue isn't instigated by Sonarr (after successfully disabling Removal of failed downloads in Sonarr), how can I prevent this issue from happening in Sabnzbd?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Try 0.8.0 as soon as it comes out.
MKANET

Post by MKANET »

Thanks! Will do.
Klintrup

Post by Klintrup »

After upgrading from SABNZBD 0.7.20 to 1.0.0 I've started to see this message.

Though it probably doesn't matter I upgraded from the ubuntu native package to the sabnzbd+ provided package (link)

When looking through sabnzbd logs from 5 days this issue only started occuring after the upgrade, I have a copy of logfiles with debug logging enabled from both sonarr and sabnzbd if this helps, just let me know where to send them.

Code: Select all

dpkg.log:2016-03-27 13:17:01 upgrade sabnzbdplus:all 0.7.20-1 1.0.0-0ubuntu1~jcfp1~wily

Code: Select all

# grep "Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue" *
sabnzbd.log.1:2016-03-27 17:38:09,404::ERROR::[postproc:126] Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue (id) SABnzbd_nzo_EWUilK
sabnzbd.log.2:2016-03-27 13:30:04,010::ERROR::[postproc:126] Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue (id) SABnzbd_nzo_zH6Tfk
sabnzbd.log.2:2016-03-27 13:32:34,317::ERROR::[postproc:126] Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue (id) SABnzbd_nzo_xe5I0X
sabnzbd.log.2:2016-03-27 13:39:00,928::ERROR::[postproc:126] Failed to remove nzo from postproc queue (id) SABnzbd_nzo_njofnC