unrar process getting stuck (OS X)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
syth

unrar process getting stuck (OS X)

Post by syth »

This has been going on for a long time, and normally I just login and kill the process, but it's persisted through several versions os sabnzbd+ and OS X (current versions on both).

Basically, the unrar process just gets stuck and when I ssh in to the machine, I see this:

Code: Select all

$ psa sab
syth          86377  12.1  2.2  1044492 182564   ??  S    Sun06AM 396:43.24 /Users/syth/Applications/SABnzbd.app/Contents/MacOS/SABnzbd
syth          19733   0.0  0.0   992312    128   ??  S     6:14AM   0:00.00 /Users/syth/Applications/SABnzbd.app/Contents/MacOS/SABnzbd
After I `kill 19733`, unraring resumes:

Code: Select all

syth          25655   6.9  0.0   609496   1328   ??  U    12:51PM   0:02.31 /Users/syth/Applications/SABnzbd.app/Contents/Resources/osx/unrar/unrar x -idp -o- -or -p- /Users/syth/Downloads/incomplete/Legit.S01E13.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS/Legit.S01E13.Fatherhood.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-BS.part01.rar /Users/syth/Downloads/complete/TV/_UNPACK_Legit S01E13 720p WEB-DL DD5 1 H 264-BS/
This happens, on average, 2-3 times a week.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: unrar process getting stuck (OS X)

Post by shypike »

The psa output suggests there two instances of SABnzbd running, odd.
What can you see in the logging?
Does the launch time of unrar correspond with the start time of the second process?
Possibly something goes wrong in the spawning of SABnzbd that's likely use
to start unrar. It suggests an issue in the Python libraries.
syth

Re: unrar process getting stuck (OS X)

Post by syth »

The second process is what is left after unnar gets stuck. It shows up in the GUI as if is still processing. Unless there are some other logs other than the web GUI shows, there's nothing logged.

Oh, wait, i see now I can download a more complete log. Nothing interesting in there looking for warnings or errors, but I'll check it next time it's stuck.