Frustrating Server Login Problem

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
ebswift

Frustrating Server Login Problem

Post by ebswift »

Hi, I'm trying to configure reader.wondernews.eu as a backup server. I noted in the logs that I'm getting authentication failures. So, I try to configure the server with the password, save settings, then test server, then I get bad username/password errors. I went through wondernews support thinking something had become unsynced, eventually getting a password change in case of some punctuation character issue.

Next up, I try configuring again. Now, if I enter all the details in, then click Test Server, I get authentication successful. As soon as I save, then go back in and test again I get an authentication failure. I checked the ini and the username/password are as expected, all looks well. I tried removing/re-adding server to no avail, the same scenario keeps replaying - a successful test until I save, then bad username/password errors. There aren't any punctuation characters, the password is 7 characters long, though the obfuscated password field shows 9 (maybe by design for obfuscating a password, not sure).

Help?

edit: win7, sabnzbd 0.7.20
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Frustrating Server Login Problem

Post by sander »

My guess: your webbrowser is caching the password information. If so, that's quite annoying.

Workaround: use another, unused browser. Fill out the password, click Test Server. If it works, stop SABnzbd. Then inspect sabnzbd.ini. It should be OK. If so, start SABnzbd again.

HTH
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Frustrating Server Login Problem

Post by shypike »

You can inspect the password in the sabnzbd.ini file.
(Location described here: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-0-7 )
The Web UI doesn't show the actual password for security reasons.
I have no explanation for why the login fails.
Do take into account that after you test the username/password,
you still need to click on "Save" to actually store the data.