out of retention, not enough repair blocks, unusable rar fil

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jwhitener

out of retention, not enough repair blocks, unusable rar fil

Post by jwhitener »

I'm using sab 0.7.20

I don't know if I just had a bad streak of luck, or if something is going on. My setup has been working for a long time without too many issues. I am unsure if the problem is sab, my usenet host, or a change in the way that people upload to usenet, but the last 10+ shows have failed to unpack in various ways.

Last night, Sunday, is typically the night when most the shows I watch get downloaded. Every single one failed. I saw all of them on torrent sites though, so they existed in good form. Here is the list of errors I got:

'not enough repair blocks' for several episodes that are 1 year old.
'out of your server's retention?' for a 1 year old show ep.1, and I am not out of retention, and in fact have a backup usenet server set to 'optional' and 'backup'.
'unusable rar file' - for the same 1 year old show but several different episodes.
'archive requires a password' - for 4 modern show that aired sunday night. 24 hours later, and they still won't download a good version of them.

All in all, 13 failed downloads for a mixture of shows in one night.

Did I just experience very bad luck, or is something up with usenet in general lately or problem with sab, or maybe my particular provider just is having major issues?
ALbino

Re: out of retention, not enough repair blocks, unusable rar

Post by ALbino »

For the first two: Google DMCA Removal/DMCA Takedown.

For the third: try changing the Processing drop down to Download only, and then try repairing and extracting manually.

For the fourth: Sounds like an indexer issue, try another indexer.
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

Took a while, but I found a new set of indexers and that seemed to clear up all the above problems.

Is it OK on this forum to discuss indexers? The rules section didn't mention that explicitly. I would like to post the indexers I found if that is OK. If not, no biggy.

General google searches seem to result in a ton of outdated articles about indexers. I'm surprised that no one maintains a 'good list'. Although I guess I can see how that might lead to the good list becoming a bad list.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

For future reference, this page is pretty well maintained and kept up-to-date:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/indexers
jwhitener

Post by jwhitener »

Thank you.