Problem with server connection

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dreadable

Problem with server connection

Post by dreadable »

Hi

Im really struggling to get sabnzb to connect to my NZB server (giganews).

When i go and test the connection it says successful, however when i test a few seconds later it then gives an error and says" 481 (remote) gn;gn1170457: max number of simultaneous IP addresses reached" I contacted giganews and they can't give me any support.

I have sabnzbd installed on a synology NAS connected to a 4G Huawei B560 Modem.
Im really stumped and have no idea why its doing this.
Hope you can help
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Problem with server connection

Post by sander »

Giganews says:
What does the error, "max number of simultaneous IP addresses reached" mean?
This error occurs when more than one IP address attempts to access our servers using the same Giganews membership. Giganews memberships allow multiple simultaneous connections, but all the connections must originate from the same IP address.

Many ISPs assign IP addresses which change occasionally. If your IP address has recently changed, the existing connections can 'stall' causing them to remain open for 15-20 minutes.

If you are attempting to use your account from more than one computer, you will need to close all the connections from one computer before you are able to access your account from a different computer.

If you are using both VyprVPN or proxy and your Gignews Newsreader, please be sure to connect to the VyprVPN or proxy before opening your newsreader.

If you are able to disconnect, you will be able to regain access to your account within 15 minutes. If this problem persists, reboot your computer, modem and router. Each of these devices can keep a connection alive.
So, options:
- do you use the giganews account on another system?
- does someone else use the giganews account somewhere else?
Tip: change your giganews password to avoid the above. If it still occurs, ask Giganews from which IP addresses they see connections.

It could also be your 4G provider is doing load-balancing over different NAT-gateway and thus different IPv4 addresses simultaneously. A not-100% check for that:
Set SAB's logging to +Debug, restart SAB, and check for a line like this (thus: with "My public IPv4 address"):

Code: Select all

2015-10-23 18:33:14,085::DEBUG::[SABnzbd:1266] My public IPv4 address = 40.50.60.70
Restart SAB a few times, and check if that IP address stays the same, or changes each time.
dreadable

Post by dreadable »

Hi

so I'm definitely not using the account twice and i changed my password just in case. The ip address on the SABnzb log does not change, but when i use whatsmyipaddress.com site it does change. It seems to be switching between 4 addresses.

I wonder if there is anyway around this? It seems to be refreshing the IP address every 60 seconds or so.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Maybe Giganews's VPN (http://www.giganews.com/vyprvpn/) solves that ... assuming their VPN can handle changing IP addresses ...
dreadable

Post by dreadable »

thanks for the suggestion will try that. if it doesn't can you recommends another usenet that you think will?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

dreadable wrote:thanks for the suggestion will try that. if it doesn't can you recommends another usenet that you think will?
Ah, if you can switch usenet provider: consider eweka ... they allow account sharing: https://www.eweka.nl/en/usenet_toegang/specificaties/

Or ask your 4G provider if they can give you a non-changing IP address. BTW: which is your 4G provider?
dreadable

Post by dreadable »

orange botswana
dreadable

Post by dreadable »

i did the VPN which is working now but after 10mins the VPN lost connect which made the downloads stop. after it auto reconnected the downloads did not resume i have to restart SABnzb which is not an ideal scenario. I have signed up with Eweka on the 7day trial and it hasn't missed a beat yet. Looks like i may be moving over to Eweka.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

dreadable wrote: I have signed up with Eweka on the 7day trial and it hasn't missed a beat yet. Looks like i may be moving over to Eweka.
Cool
dreadable

Post by dreadable »

@sander thanks for you help and advise. much appreciated.
Minces Pies

Post by Minces Pies »

sander wrote: November 11th, 2015, 4:40 pm Giganews says:
What does the error, "max number of simultaneous IP addresses reached" mean?
This error occurs when more than one IP address attempts to access our servers using the same Giganews membership. Giganews memberships allow multiple simultaneous connections, but all the connections must originate from the same IP address.

Many ISPs assign IP addresses which change occasionally. If your IP address has recently changed, the existing connections can 'stall' causing them to remain open for 15-20 minutes.

If you are attempting to use your account from more than one computer, you will need to close all the connections from one computer before you are able to access your account from a different computer.

If you are using both VyprVPN or proxy and your Gignews Newsreader, please be sure to connect to the VyprVPN or proxy before opening your newsreader.

If you are able to disconnect, you will be able to regain access to your account within 15 minutes. If this problem persists, reboot your computer, modem and router. Each of these devices can keep a connection alive.
So, options:
- do you use the giganews account on another system?
- does someone else use the giganews account somewhere else?
Tip: change your giganews password to avoid the above. If it still occurs, ask Giganews from which IP addresses they see connections.

It could also be your 4G provider is doing load-balancing over different NAT-gateway and thus different IPv4 addresses simultaneously. A not-100% check for that:
Set SAB's logging to +Debug, restart SAB, and check for a line like this (thus: with "My public IPv4 address"):

Code: Select all

2015-10-23 18:33:14,085::DEBUG::[SABnzbd:1266] My public IPv4 address = 40.50.60.70
Restart SAB a few times, and check if that IP address stays the same, or changes each time.
this is exactly the problem! thanks sander i changed my ISP to a 4G provider and immediately got hit with using 2 ips from tweaknews. they were really unhelpful, even useless if im honest. I contected my ISP and they do load balance through two gateways.

I've switch to Eweka (who happen to be cheaper for the same speed and connections) and have had no issues since. thanks for your advice as i was pulling my hair out out over it for the last 6 weeks!