How to set group permissions at the start of downloading?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
dtemp

How to set group permissions at the start of downloading?

Post by dtemp »

I use a CIFS share mounted on Ubuntu 14.04 server for Sabnzbd's folders (both temporary and completed). The share is already mounted, and the user that Saznzbd runs as (saznzb) is added to the "sambashare" group so that it has permissions to read/write to the folders.

If I become the saznzb user in terminal, I can read and write to the download folders no problem. If I mkdir inside the temporary downloads folder, it creates a folder with 0775 permissions, just what I want.

The issue is that when you give Sabnzbd a NZB file and it creates a folder inside the temporary download folder, it creates the folder with 0700 bits. Since it derives its ability to read/write to that CIFS share from the group permissions, it's effectively created a folder that it cannot use. Of course this means it doesn't work.

I found the "permissions for completed downloads" option, but that's not going to help here.

Any suggestions? Thanks. I'm running 0.7.16.
ALbino

Re: How to set group permissions at the start of downloading

Post by ALbino »

dtemp wrote:Any suggestions? Thanks. I'm running 0.7.16.
0.7.16 was released way back in 2013. The first thing I'd do is update to at least 0.7.20 and see if that fixes the issue.
dtemp

Re: How to set group permissions at the start of downloading

Post by dtemp »

I blame the Ubuntu multiverse for having such an old version. I'll look at the release notes before I upgrade; my hunch is it's a file permission issue that's my fault and not a bug that needed fixing.