Downloads Randomly Slow Down to 0%

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Downloads Randomly Slow Down to 0%

Post by safihre »

Fix is now merged, an Git update should fix it for you. If you can somehow trigger that!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

I have the cache set to 128K. It's currently stalled again and about the cache it says "174 articles cached (127M)".
I'll check if it pulls a new version from git. I think it only pulls a new version if it has a higher version number.

Btw: I have a horribly stupid question. I thought it pulled version 1.0.2 from git, the current "stable" version. When I look at the config page it says "Version: 1.1.x [unknown]"... does this mean it pulled just the latest checked-in "beta" version and not the stable version 1.0.2?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Yes exactly, this version pulls the develop branch. So indeed very much beta, maybe even call it alpha..

Maybe when you restart the package now it will update?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

Wow, okay, then the wrapper is not doing any more what it originally did (and not what I intended). Is it possible to downgrade to V1.0.2 without completely deleting the current config/settings?

With the restart the wrapped indeed pulled your latest changes it seems:
sabnzbd/articlecache.py | 8 +++-----
sabnzbd/constants.py | 3 +--
sabnzbd/decoder.py | 7 ++++---
sabnzbd/downloader.py | 5 +++--
sabnzbd/nzbqueue.py | 1 +
sabnzbd/postproc.py | 8 ++++----
6 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

I'm currently testing with this version now if there is improvement and will let you know, of course.

In any case, I'd like to thank you very much already for your outstanding support!! Have hardly ever seen anything as fantastic as this!
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Also 128K, that's very very little (128Kb).
Are you sure you can't set it higher? This NAS should have some more memory available?
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

Ops, sorry, typo, I did set it to 128M. And the info on the config page said "Used cache: Cached 174 articles (127M)" when it was stalled with the previous version.

So far everything runs smooth with the latest changes. I can't remember that it ever ran without stalling for >15mins today, so it's looking good. Will keep it running and if it's still fine in another 10-15mins, then I think you did it :)
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

Ok, I'm running downloads now for around 45mins and no problems occurred any more. This is definitely very different from before and I think you solved the problem. Thank you!!

I'd like to quickly come back to my previous question:
sirupflex wrote:Wow, okay, then the wrapper is not doing any more what it originally did (and not what I intended). Is it possible to downgrade to V1.0.2 without completely deleting the current config/settings?

[...]
I'm currently testing with this version now if there is improvement and will let you know, of course.

In any case, I'd like to thank you very much already for your outstanding support!! Have hardly ever seen anything as fantastic as this!
Any advice or guideline if I want to downgrade from the development version to stable version 1.0.2? Can I just install V1.0.2 over the current version and it keeps the settings? Or is it recommended to remove the 1.1.x version completely first and freshly install 1.0.2?
bunglem

Post by bunglem »

safihre wrote:Aaah it pulls from Git!
That explains, I just today found a bug in the implementation of a new feature that causes this slowdown and your logs seem to point that this is the problem!

To verify: what is your Article Cache setting? And when it stalls, what does it say in the Status window how much cache is used?
Fantastic news! Can you advise me on how to find this setting?
bunglem

Post by bunglem »

I will have to force it, could you please provide guidance?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Sirupflex: I am not sure how it works with the packages in terms of saving the settings. But now you can still go to the Config and see on the first page where the sabnzbd.ini file is located. Get that file and save it before downgrading, you can then always put it back in the 1.0.2 location (might be different location, sew first Config page then).

Could you provide how you forced the update so bunglem can also do it?
Just for our information: there are 2 packages available for qnap? The stable 1.0.2 and the development version?
Otherwise I have to ask the package creator to use the master branch, if the Git package is the only one.
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

Thanks for your feedback. Will backup the .ini file and see how I downgrade best. This also means that I could simply backup the .ini file, remove the whole installation, do a clean v1.0.2 install and copy back the .ini? If that works this would be a solution I could definitely apply.

Regarding "force the update":
The wrapper checks for changes in the git branch at every startup and downloads automatically (unless explicitly prevented by "control tags" by the user). So I think the following may work, in order of convenience:
- just restart sabnzbd via web interface of sabnzbd #in case that does not trigger the download:
- go to the QNAP Application Control Panel where you see the sabnzbdplus wrapper package. Turn it "off" with the on/off switch, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again

In case the second option also does not work (but I guess it should), the ultimate action (the one I used) would be to use putty to enter the NAS command line, then do
1. cd /etc/init.d
2. ./sadnzbd.sh stop
3. ./sabnzbd.sh start

This will trigger the update.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Indeed you could backup the ini and do a full remove and fresh install. Just make sure to verify the Folder setting!

Just for my other question: this is the only package out there? If I Google I only find the 0.7.20 package, but there is also an 1.0.2 package?
bunglem

Post by bunglem »

Thanks gents.
sirupflex

Post by sirupflex »

Ok good news regarding the config, thank you.

The QNAP Sabnznd Wrapper is not about a specific version. The wrapper does not include sabnzbd itself, it just takes care that the latest version gets installed. This was done to avoid that for each new sabnzbd version a new QNAP Package has to be created. It's an elegant solution that works fine, but for any reason the wrapper now loaded the sabnzbd source from the development branch instead from the stable branch. You can also manually give the wrapper any tar.gz source version and it installs it if you instruct it to do so.
F.Saucer

Post by F.Saucer »

@sirupflex: Can you explain how to give the wrapper a tar.gz source manually (and where to find this source). Thanks in advance. I'll reply on the qnap forum to the maintainer of the qnap package clinton.hall.
@Safihre: The packages are available from the qnap forum under this thread: http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=133

Thanks for fixing and the perfect support!! Really outstanding!!!