Kodi stops video during SAB download

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
thatoneguy99

Kodi stops video during SAB download

Post by thatoneguy99 »

I am in need of a little assistance...I don't think this is a SAB problem or a Kodi problem. I really just don't know where to begin.
Long story short while SAB is downloading a movie, during the repair and post processing of an NZB, Kodi will stop playing any video on all devices. I have all Linux (running latest Ubuntu) and Fire TV boxes on my network. Once the download status is "completed" it doesn't happen anymore and video will play smoothly.
I share my videos through NFSv4 and sync with a mySQL. I have tried to look into this before and haven't come up with anything specific. I think it has something to do with NFS but I don't know which logs to post. Please don't tell me to post in the Kodi forum because it is not a Kodi problem, it is a network problem, and I know that. Just don't know how to fix it and I figured there would be some pretty knowledgeable people here.
I can post any logs you think may be suspect. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated!!! It is getting really annoying. Thanks in advance for any leads.
ALbino

Re: Kodi stops video during SAB download

Post by ALbino »

Just a thought: lower your max speed and lower your max connections. I'm not sure if there's a way to intentionally slow down par2 and unrar, maybe by disabling multi-core in par2cmdline.
thatoneguy99

Post by thatoneguy99 »

As far as max speed and max connections...I dont have any issues during the actual download.
It is only when the download is complete and SAB starts to verify and repair and unpack.
I don't know if you have any Kodi experience but the video just stops playing. I can immediately resume the video but then it will happen again shortly. It keeps happening randomly until the process is complete. I think it has something to do with NFS but I have no way to prove it.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I would think SAB-repair&unpack is taking too much CPU, which makes serving other videos over the LAN too difficult, causing your Kodi stops.

So, on what hardware are you running SABnzbd?
What is the "System Performance (Pystone)"? Accessible via the Wrench symbol in the upper right corner

Oh: are SABnzbd and your disks in the same system?
thatoneguy99

Post by thatoneguy99 »

This is what I can see from the Pystone. I dont know how to make the rest of that show up. I have a 6 core Intel Xeon processor and 16 gb of RAM. Ubuntu for the OS.
System Performance (Pystone)266453 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1…

I am downloading the files to the same hard drive that I am watching the shared video from if that is what you are asking.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, hardware can't be the problem.

No, my question "are SABnzbd and your disks in the same system?" meant: does SABnzbd save to a disk inside the Ubuntu box, or to a NAS?
asarian

Post by asarian »

sander wrote:I would think SAB-repair&unpack is taking too much CPU, which makes serving other videos over the LAN too difficult, causing your Kodi stops.
Too much CPU seems highly unlikely. Rather I think the process will be heavily I/O bound when it does repairs/reassemblies and such. Too much disk I/O would kill any playback.