No Download Activity (stuck at 0 KB/s)

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Exotic77

No Download Activity (stuck at 0 KB/s)

Post by Exotic77 »

SABnzbd has always worked flawlessly for me. Very recently I installed the latest two upgrades and am now on version 1.0.3. While in the middle of downloading my queue it just stopped. I attempted to fix by changing my server address because I no longer had a connection. The sever test is now inconclusive (127.0.0.1:9090 says:). I would gladly downgrade to the previous working version if I could because it appears I should have left well enough alone.
Exotic77

Re: No Download Activity (stuck at 0 KB/s)

Post by Exotic77 »

Update: I tried reverting to the previous version and it did not fix the problem.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

The sever test is now inconclusive (127.0.0.1:9090 says:)
What does Test Server say?

If you add "newszilla.xs4all.nl" as newsserver and click on Test Server for that server, what does SABnzbd say?
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

When I add "newszilla.xs4all.nl" as SSL it fails to connect. When I add it without SSL on port 119 it asks for a user name and password.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Exotic77 wrote:When I add "newszilla.xs4all.nl" as SSL it fails to connect. When I add it without SSL on port 119 it asks for a user name and password.
Thats' good.

So, again: what does SAB's Test Server say for your server?

And which newsserver do you use, with which settings (port, SSL, etc)?
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

My newsserver is newshosting.com. I am using SSL on port 443. I used to use port 653 but it is no longer connecting. When I test I get the message: 127.0.0.1:8080 says:
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Exotic77 wrote:My newsserver is newshosting.com. I am using SSL on port 443. I used to use port 653 but it is no longer connecting. When I test I get the message: 127.0.0.1:8080 says:
I assume you use news.newshosting.com as newsserver; newshosting.com itself is not a newsserver.

And does SSL on port 443 (or port 563) work for you on news.newshosting.com?
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

My newsserver is newshosting.com. I am using SSL on port 443. I used to use port 653 but it is no longer connecting. When I test I get the message: 127.0.0.1:8080 says:

Update: I just added the prefix "news" to make the full address news.newshosting.com and I am successfully connected again. This was what I had originally when it stopped working so I removed the "news". Go figure.
Oh No! It stopped working again and when I test I get an "Invalid server address" notice.
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

I can't seem to get the program to retain the full news.newshosting.com. I click on "save" then leave the page to restart and when I return to the server configuration page it once again says only "newshosting.com".
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Just create a new Server entry, with news-us.newshosting.com OR news-eu.newshosting.com

Delete the old one.
ALbino

Post by ALbino »

Exotic77 wrote:I can't seem to get the program to retain the full news.newshosting.com. I click on "save" then leave the page to restart and when I return to the server configuration page it once again says only "newshosting.com".
It sounds like the browser might be auto-filling it in. Maybe try a different browser.
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

I removed and re-added the newsserver, username, and password. The newsserver address is now correct but the test still produces an invalid server result. The GUI totally changed when I restarted.
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

I now have established a connection to the server. I understand how to change the GUI (skins). My only remaining problem is that my download speed is a third of what it was before. I had a stable 12.1M download speed and now it averages about 4M.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

It really sounds like your browser is auto filing stuff. Make sure that's not happening. The interface doesn't just change, only when they are set.

What did you set for Maximum line speed?
Also, try the new GUI, you might like it :)
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Exotic77

Post by Exotic77 »

I reverted back to version 0.7.16. I set the maximum download speed at 20000 KB/s. I reduced my number of connections from 30 to 15. I am now downloading at 13.5M to 14.2M which is faster than before. I see that the program pegs my processor at or close to 100%. I'm running an old E8400 Core2 duo. Its a great workhorse processor but perhaps its just not up to the demands of the newest version with its search and processing features, hence the slow download speed. I would like to be wrong about this because I love some of the new features such as removing sample videos. Anyway, I'm building myself a i7-6700K Skylake computer next month so I'll have abundant processing power. I do like the Glitter-Night skin although I am currently using Plush-gold.