PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
jimmymc

PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder

Post by jimmymc »

I have seen this error a number of times through my searches. I have never found the correct way to fix it. There have been references on websites to verify that the SAB user is in the correct group, there are references to a group called media. Looking at /etc/passwd there is no SAB user. Looking at /etc/group there is no media group.

I have the error now and no website I have found has been able to resolve it. Not only does post-download processing work, I cannot create the correct directory through the SABNZBD configuration. It is clearly a permission or account error. But I am unable to figure out what the cause is.

I have saved my config, deleted SABNZBD, rebooted, re-installed SABNZBD, applied my backup, rebooted. No luck. I have tried fiddling with permissions on folders (777). No luck. Can someone please assist?

Let me know what you need from me and I will provide it. I am using SABnzbd version: 1.1.0RC1 on Ubuntu 15.10.

I have ensured that my network drives are mounted prior to running SABnzbd.

Thank you
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder

Post by sander »

"network drives"? Are you saving to network drives? Then it's very probably a rights issues on the OS level. Not a thing you can solve in SABnzbd.

Proof: log in on the terminal, "cd" to the network drive directory, and type "touch hello-there.txt" ... what is the result?

EDIT:

As you're on Linux, you could also do this one-liner:

Code: Select all

awk ' /complete_dir/ { print "touch " $NF "blabla.txt" }'  ~/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini | /bin/sh
What is the result?
jimmymc

Post by jimmymc »

Permission denied touching the folder. I tried to touch at the main network drive as well as sub-folders. All are wrxwr-xr-x root root

I think I broke it a few weeks ago. I have a similar issue with a different network share for SickRage. So, it isn't specific to SABnzbd.

for the awk attempt: permission denied for everything.

Sorry for the delayed response. I just realized that this was here.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

As suspected: a rights issues on the OS level. Not a thing you can solve in SABnzbd.

You probably get better help at people / documentation who know your network drive (NAS?): the supplier, other users, forums.
To me, permissions on network drives is black magic. I have never been to solve network drive problems; they work, or they don't work.

A network drive you can't write to is not useful for SABnzbd.
jimmymc

Post by jimmymc »

Fixed it.

I copied my SABnzbd folder to xxxx.old. I then uninstalled SABnzbd. Remove all .sabnzbd folders and files (except my new copy). Reboot. Install SABnzbd. Reboot. I copied the contents of sabnzbd.ini from the old one to the new one (not the file itself, just the contents). Restart SABnzbd.

I still felt that file permissions were off. To prove it, I removed a folder needed for SABnzbd. Then went into configuration settings for the folders. As you know, if you specify a folder in SABnzbd and it doesn't exist, SABnzbd will create it. It didn't. So, there was still a problem. The previous steps may not have done anything at all, but I KNOW that file and folder permissions are 100% correct now.

I looked at /etc/fstab thinking it was a mount error. A while back, I made a change to a line in /etc/fstab (I don't recall why).

What it was:
//192.168.47.104/public/ /media/FourTby cifs user,iocharset=utf8,guest 00

What I changed it to:
//192.168.47.104/public/ /media/FourTby cifs user,iocharset=utf8,guest,uid=1000 00

The "uid=1000" was the key. It seems to work now. I know it does for SABnzbd. I need to confirm it for Sickrage.

Thanks!!
jimmymc

Post by jimmymc »

Just for clarification...

My last /etc/fstab entry (What I changed it to) is the one that works. Also. After making the change, unmounting then mounting and stopping / starting SABnzbd, going into the config, the needed folder was created. It was a problem with the network share all along.