External internet access

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Davoodoo

External internet access

Post by Davoodoo »

Which setting under External internet access is the most secure? I still want to connect from external internet. ;)
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: External internet access

Post by safihre »

If you still want to connect and see the interface, you'll need everything available. Just choose a good password and non default port for the outside world (assuming you want to access it away from home network).
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

good password and non default port for the outside world
plus HTTPS
guitarboy

Post by guitarboy »

I just upgraded to 1.1.0 and discovered that I needed to make changes to the General settings to enable Web access from other computers on my LAN, plus API access from NZB.su:
  • Host: Change from 127.0.0.1 to empty (blank). This change was needed to enable the Web interface on other computers on the LAN. I also had to change the bookmark on my local computer (the one running SABnzbd) from localhost:8080 to [computer name]:8080 (e.g. SAB-computer:8080) or [Local IP Address]:8080
  • External internet access:Change from "No access" to "Full API" (or whatever you're comfortable with). This was needed to enable integration with NZB.su
I didn't see any documentation that discussed the need for these changes, so it's possible that there was something non-standard about my configuration. However, hopefully this will helpful for anyone else running into problems with the upgrade.