help with dup detection and unwanted extensions.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
diamaunt

help with dup detection and unwanted extensions.

Post by diamaunt »

Hi, I'm running 1.1.0, and facing a vexing issue. there's some pinhead posting crap with extensions like .1.2.txt, .workflow, .wflow, .xlsx, .plist. .exe (all in the same rar with a mkv)... I've put "workflow, wflow, exe, com" in the unwanted extensions field, with action of 'abort', and those are still coming through... help?

also, I've set 'Detect duplicate episodes in series' to 'pause' and those are also still being downloaded and dropped onto disk.

is there some magic I need to do that I'm missing?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: help with dup detection and unwanted extensions.

Post by sander »

Strange.

are the unwanted extensions in the rar file, or in a zip in the rar file?
can you post a link to such an NZB?

Can you generate a sabnzbd log via de Status (=wrench) symbol, and find these lines:

Code: Select all

unwanted_extensions = xxxx, exe, com, ppt
action_on_unwanted_extensions = 1
Post what you've got
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

sander wrote:Strange.

are the unwanted extensions in the rar file, or in a zip in the rar file?
can you post a link to such an NZB?

Can you generate a sabnzbd log via de Status (=wrench) symbol, and find these lines:

unwanted_extensions = xxxx, exe, com, ppt
action_on_unwanted_extensions = 1
Post what you've got

unwanted_extensions = workflow, wflow, exe, com
action_on_unwanted_extensions = 2
here's a sample nzb: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgqfadv4r0k7l ... zb.gz?dl=0
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I checked and unfortunately this poster is smart and posts in RAR5 format.
Our unwanted-extensions check can (for now) only check files in RAR3 format.. We're working on RAR5 support.

Why don't you put a cleanup list to remove theses type of files after extraction automatically? Or the video doesn't even work?
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@safihre You mean RarFile() is not able to read RAR5 formatted files, right? I had a look at rarfile.py ... wow, what a lot of code. Can't we the unrar binary take care of that?
(Oh, I now see https://github.com/markokr/rarfile/issues/13 )

@diamaunt do you see lines in the format 'RAR file %s cannot be inspected.' in your sabnzb.log, so for example:

2016-10-16 19:51:12,527::DEBUG::[assembler:349] RAR file /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/blabla.S13E02/mDTKIZeyrzyPzqQrwmHV.part36.rar cannot be inspected.
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I checked his example NZB, it indeed says "cannot be inspected"
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

@safihre: I got it working with a few lines of code in assembler.py. Result:

WARNING: In "bla.bla.S13E02" unwanted extension in RAR file. Unwanted file is niet lezen hoor!!/QoQ-REVERSE/Reverse.MAC.2014/QoQ-reverse.workflow/Contents/document.wflow 
Code is based on

unrar lb <rafile>
Does that "lb" work on Windows?
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

safihre wrote:I checked and unfortunately this poster is smart and posts in RAR5 format.
Our unwanted-extensions check can (for now) only check files in RAR3 format.. We're working on RAR5 support.

Why don't you put a cleanup list to remove theses type of files after extraction automatically? Or the video doesn't even work?
the video is an unwanted duplicate, usually posted a few days (or a week or two) after I got a good copy.

the "Detect duplicate episodes in series" is also not working for me, (it shows that it's set to 'pause'), but doesn't pause anything.
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

sander wrote:@safihre You mean RarFile() is not able to read RAR5 formatted files, right? I had a look at rarfile.py ... wow, what a lot of code. Can't we the unrar binary take care of that?
(Oh, I now see https://github.com/markokr/rarfile/issues/13 )

@diamaunt do you see lines in the format 'RAR file %s cannot be inspected.' in your sabnzb.log, so for example:

2016-10-16 19:51:12,527::DEBUG::[assembler:349] RAR file /home/sander/Downloads/incomplete/blabla.S13E02/mDTKIZeyrzyPzqQrwmHV.part36.rar cannot be inspected.
yes, I do see a number of those.

:/f1/news/logs$ grep -c "cannot be inspected" *
cherrypy.log:0
sabnzbd.error.log:0
sabnzbd.log:0
sabnzbd.log.1:72
sabnzbd.log.2:0
sabnzbd.log.3:144
sabnzbd.log.4:128
sabnzbd.log.5:238
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

I will finish today the upgrade of our build in Rar Reader.
Yes we could do it using the external unrar command, but then we would have to write an interpreter for the rar output since we also want it to report on encryption and all the files inside the rar.

Regarding the duplicate detection, sabnzbd can only do so much. We can detect truly identical NZBs (exact same content) or ones with the identical name. Or we can try to extract the title of a show using smart regular expressions. But if we misinterpreted the name or episode number of the show, it won't work anymore.
Luckily a tool like Sonarr is made for this and will use NZB indexers to make sure you don't get crazy, maybe try that?
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

But maybe it is a bug within sabnzbd, do you maybe have the NZB of the original download and the one it should've marked as duplicate? Can send them to [email protected]
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

safihre wrote:Regarding the duplicate detection, sabnzbd can only do so much. We can detect truly identical NZBs (exact same content) or ones with the identical name. Or we can try to extract the title of a show using smart regular expressions. But if we misinterpreted the name or episode number of the show, it won't work anymore.
Luckily a tool like Sonarr is made for this and will use NZB indexers to make sure you don't get crazy, maybe try that?

But maybe it is a bug within sabnzbd, do you maybe have the NZB of the original download and the one it should've marked as duplicate? Can send them to [email protected]
All I know is that I spotted the relatively new feature: "Detect duplicate episodes in series, Detect identical episodes in series (based on "name/season/episode")" and turned that on, set to 'pause' and I keep getting duplicates dropped into the same directory.

I'll email you some nzbs.
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

sander wrote:@safihre: I got it working with a few lines of code in assembler.py. Result:

WARNING: In "bla.bla.S13E02" unwanted extension in RAR file. Unwanted file is niet lezen hoor!!/QoQ-REVERSE/Reverse.MAC.2014/QoQ-reverse.workflow/Contents/document.wflow 
Code is based on

unrar lb <rafile>
any chance of sharing those few lines? ;D
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

diamaunt wrote:
sander wrote:@safihre: I got it working with a few lines of code in assembler.py. Result:

Code is based on

unrar lb <rafile>
Certainly! A few checks:
- you run SABnzbd from source, so on Linux or Unix?
- you know how to edit a source code file?
diamaunt

Post by diamaunt »

sander wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

Code is based on

unrar lb <rafile>
Certainly! A few checks:
- you run SABnzbd from source, so on Linux or Unix?
- you know how to edit a source code file?
Yes, I'm running SABnzbd from the tar source on solaris 11.3.

no problems at all editing the source.