solved - problem installing python-yenc

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
teracow

Re: solved - problem installing python-yenc

Post by teracow »

I followed this. :)
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Thanks. I had seen that thread, but too long ago to have known what to do with those instructions. I got Sabnzbd on the Entware Python. Still having SSL issues, but perhaps OpenSSL or something needs updating.

I'm stuck at trying to get yEnc installed though. I get to the point if you trying to install it where it worked, but get this.

Code: Select all

[/share] # pip install http://www.golug.it/pub/yenc/yenc-0.4.0.tar.gz
Collecting http://www.golug.it/pub/yenc/yenc-0.4.0.tar.gz
  Downloading http://www.golug.it/pub/yenc/yenc-0.4.0.tar.gz (63kB)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 71kB 269kB/s
Installing collected packages: yenc
  Running setup.py install for yenc ... error
    Complete output from command /opt/bin/python2.7 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/opt/tmp/pip-i0V8kP-build/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /opt/tmp/pip-bffIU9-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile:
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    creating build
    creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7
    copying lib/yenc.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7
    warning: build_py: byte-compiling is disabled, skipping.

running build_ext
    building '_yenc' extension
    creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7
    creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src
    x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-result -DNDEBUG -fno-inline -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-caller-saves -fhonour-copts -Wno-error=unused-but-set-variable -Wno-error=unused-result -fPIC -I/opt/include/python2.7 -c src/_yenc.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/src/_yenc.o -O2 -g
    unable to execute 'x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc': No such file or directory
    error: command 'x86_64-openwrt-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command "/opt/bin/python2.7 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/opt/tmp/pip-i0V8kP-build/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /opt/tmp/pip-bffIU9-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /opt/tmp/pip-i0V8kP-build/

Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Also, what does your Sabnzbd config info page say now that you rectified your issues?
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

One other thing. I seem to be making progress. I cannot find the 'libffi-dev' package through Entware or anywhere else that seems compatible. Any clue as to where I can find?
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Made more progress, actually got the yEnc installed now. Yay, right? Except even after restarting Sabzbd, yEnc is still said to be not installed. This is so frustrating. I've spent several hours and counting and still have a broken system.
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Okay, so got Sonarr working again after downgrading Mono. Szbnzbd is now downloading quite a bit quicker, so apparently yEnc is working, even though Sabnzbd claims not to see it??? Strange..
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

If SABnzbd claims it's missing yEnc, it cannot be using it.
Python can be quite sensitive to proper path settings.
You may need to point the environment variable PYTHONPATH to the location where you put yenc.
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

shypike wrote:If SABnzbd claims it's missing yEnc, it cannot be using it.
Python can be quite sensitive to proper path settings.
You may need to point the environment variable PYTHONPATH to the location where you put yenc.
Well, as logical as that sounds, the speed increase right after I got it to finally install is undeniable. Downloading is 20% (Almost 2MB/s) faster.

I can't see any other reason the download speed would increase so much. It was hardware limited. Either way, it reporting it as not available does bother me. I can't seem to understand how to adjust the PYTHONPATH on my QNAP NAS. I know where the yEnc is located, but don't know how to adjust PYTHONPATH. Thanks.
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

I manually copied over files from Entware folder to Sabnzbd folder, replacing the yEnc files already in Sabnzbd folder and got check mark and even faster speeds. I feel like this is the wrong way of doing it, that Sabnzbd should be directed to look in proper place, but working nonetheless. Where can I adjust where Sabnzbd looks for yEnc files?