Can't download anything

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
macsusenet

Can't download anything

Post by macsusenet »

Hey there,

Just a warning, im brand new to usenet and still learning pretty much everything so bare with me if this is just some stupid mistake on my side of things.

Yesterday I got a Giganews account and followed a guide in order to set everything up, I got SABnzbd and set it up with my giganews etc and then attempted a download from Sonarr and it worked, great, however every single time I try to repeat this I get issue about it being out my servers retention..

The file is only about 30 days old and its set to 3267 retention so im not sure whats up...

I tried setting up a tweaknews block account to see if that helped, added it to my servers but nope...

The file download is always on 0kb or 1kb, it will randomly jump to half downloaded sometimes but never finish, it will just give me the retention error?

Any help appriciated, cant work it out at all
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't download anything

Post by safihre »

The file is most probably removed from usenet due to copyright issues. TV shows and movies get taken down within days, hours even (Google for 'DCMA takedown').
So you either have to be quick, or lucky. And use indexers in Sonarr that have more hidden content.
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
macsusenet

Post by macsusenet »

Oh right, that kinda sucks, so I can't just go and download a load of old episodes? I kinda thought that was the purpose of the huge 2000 day retention,

Do you have any suggestions for indexers as that's he one bit of usenet I'm still struggling with, I get having a provider and a downloaded but I don't quite get how the indexers work and how to get a good one,

Thanks
safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Post by safihre »

Copyright holders are defending their rights ;)

Try NZbGeek to start, or drunkenslug!
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
macsusenet

Post by macsusenet »

Thanks again for the reply :D, I have just tried NZBgeek and its worked for me :D

I do have one more question, when it comes to indexers, how many do you generally need.

All I want from usenet is my provider, my Sonarr and Couch Potato and my downloaded (SABnzbd), I get the indexers are needed but will just NZBGeek be fine forever as ive notated it costs (Not allot, but still costs), or will I need to setup a ton of different indexers?

I appreciate the help :D
goeriga

Post by goeriga »

I'm in the same boat!
I just recently got Usenet Server, downloaded Sonarr, and joined DOGnzb so I can get my TV shows. I've had 50% success rate... with many of my downloads failing because of not having enough repair blocks. I registered for a block account, set it up in SAB, and it's still coming up with the same message.

Did I miss a step? Or is someone able to point me in the right direction?

It's driving me crazy!!
macsusenet

Post by macsusenet »

Oh and one more question sorry, how can I get my download speed above 4mb/s? I have a 40mb/s download speed on my internet, I have a perfectly capable CPU (Intel-6700k) and have allowed 1G of ram to be used when downloading if that helps anything but I cant seem to get above 4mb/s? I have changed my connections from 20 to 10, no change.

Any suggestions?

Also I found the answer to my last question that basically, the more indexes, the better :D