MacOS Sierra: SABnzbd download queue sleeps or delays?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Apache77

MacOS Sierra: SABnzbd download queue sleeps or delays?

Post by Apache77 »

Hi all.

I recently upgraded to MacOS Sierra on my Mac Mini server, and SAB 1.1.0's behaviour has suddenly become a bit odd -- specifically, downloads become somehow "delayed" or put to sleep.

I can't quite figure it out, but I'm guessing the error lies with Sierra, and not SAB.

Early this morning, for example, a small 1.7GB NZB pushed to my SAB queue at 1:44 a.m. When I used Chrome to check my queue at about 6:30 a.m. this morning, SAB was still downloading the file. It was only when I checked my queue that the download somehow "woke up" and completed.

The SAB report says the file was downloaded in 2 mins and 50 seconds, but that's obviously wrong.

This has happened a bunch of times since upgrading to Sierra about a week ago -- I'll get a Pushover notification when a file pushes to my SAB queue (as I always do), but when I check it hours later, it hasn't actually downloaded.

I've tried toggling my Mac's Energy Saver settings, thinking perhaps that it has something to do with my Mac going to sleep on SAB, but no luck yet.

Has anyone else experienced this under Sierra? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Edit: After posting my screenshots below I noticed that my Energy Saver settings had "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" unchecked ... I've since checked that box. Perhaps that was causing problems, since my display is off 90% of the time when my server is downloading. Unfortunately I can't remember what my Energy Saver settings were before upgrading to Sierra so I can't compare.

safihre
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MacOS Sierra: SABnzbd download queue sleeps or delays?

Post by safihre »

When I upgraded to Sierra all my power settings were also lost or reset..
If you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
Apache77

Post by Apache77 »

Thanks safihre.

Yes, it does seem that Sierra changed my Energy Saver settings, and that's the likely cause for these issues. I'll give it a few days and post back.

Cheers :)
Apache77

Post by Apache77 »

Everything seems back to normal now. The Sierra update changed my Energy Saver settings so it was just a matter of switching them back.

I hope this thread helps someone else :)